Antarctica Marine Mammals - Akademik Vavilov
February and March is definitely the peak time for visiting Antarctica if you are interested in whale watching. Around this time, the whales have usually lost their inhibitions and appear relatively relaxed, enjoying each other's company. Sightings are regular and in fact whales are seen almost everywhere we look! The voyage offers opportunities to see a wide variety of cetaceans including Fin, Sei Humpback, Minke and Orca Whales, as well as Hourglass, Peale's and Commerson's Dolphins
alt="Expedition Clothing Gear package included" title="Expedition Clothing Gear package included"
longdesc="Expedition Clothing Gear package included during your voyage">
<p>During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package
free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment,
this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants
plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also
include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on
shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves
you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use
once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the
ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).</p>
Special OffersSpecial offer applies to all bookings made before 31 May 2019 - save up to $1200
A wonderful opportunity to observe and learn about whales in Antarctica accompanied by marine mammal experts.
OverviewFebruary and March is definitely the peak time for visiting Antarctica if you are interested in whale watching. Around this time, the whales have usually lost their inhibitions and appear relatively relaxed, enjoying each other's company. Sightings are regular and in fact whales are seen almost everywhere we look! The voyage offers opportunities to see a wide variety of cetaceans including Fin, Sei Humpback, Minke and Orca Whales, as well as Hourglass, Peale's and Commerson's Dolphins.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Akademik Sergey Vavilov
Designed for polar research, the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, also known as the One Ocean Voyager is modern, comfortable, safe and ice-strengthened. From small group sessions to briefings for all passengers, the public spaces onboard the ship ideally suited for each and every need. A separate bar and lounge located on deck 6 with expansive 180 degree views, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. Enjoy the sumptuous meals prepared for you by the culinary team in the dining room, which can host all clients in a single seating with ample room. Other facilities include the theatre style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, hot water spa (November 2012), sauna, and salt water plunge pool.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!