Antarctic Circle Voyage: RCGS Resolute
Reach past 66 degrees, 33 minutes south of latitude, which officially marks the position of the Antarctic Circle. Along the way we will witness expansive landscapes, huge Adelie penguin rookeries, and hopefully the large tabular icebergs that have drifted north from the Bellingshausen Sea. We will be surrounded by white peaks soaring more than 2,000 meters above the ice-strewn waters. We return north along the heavily glaciated coastline of the Antarctic Peninsula, passing through the Argentine, Fish and Yalour Island archipelagos and into the Gerlache Strait region
- Be one of few to reach the polar circle in Antarctica.
- Majestic mountains, ice and scenery of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Fast, powerful , luxurious and ice strengthened vessel
- Educational program from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Onboard hospitality staff look after your every comfort
- See abundant wildlife - penguins, seals, whales and more!
What you can experience: Journey Below the Antarctic Circle
The program of off-ship excursions offers an exciting selection of activities – including short or long hikes ashore, visits to historic points of interest and wildlife colonies, and Zodiac cruising looking for whales and seals and photographing the incredible icebergs. You will be guided in these activities by the onboard team of wilderness guides, naturalists, marine biologists, historians and photographers.
This trip commences in Ushuaia (Argentina). We recommend arriving in Ushuaia at least one day prior to the scheduled voyage departure. This gives you a buffer in the event of any unexpected travel delays between home and voyage embarkation. Here we board our expedition ship, charting a course for Antarctica.
Our voyage is complete when we arrive back in Ushuaia. A transfer from the ship to the airport (or local hotels) is provided upon disembarkation. We advise booking your flights out of Ushuaia from mid-morning onwards. Or consider spending a night in Ushuaia at the conclusion of your voyage.
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Early Booking Offer
Deposit before 31 August 2019 and save as follows:
2019-20: US$500 per person (or equivalent currency).
In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night combined with an onboard US$50 dining/spa credit.
This special journey takes you further south than most other Antarctic voyages.
OverviewReach past 66 degrees, 33 minutes south of latitude, which officially marks the position of the Antarctic Circle. Along the way we will witness expansive landscapes, huge Adelie penguin rookeries, and hopefully the large tabular icebergs that have drifted north from the Bellingshausen Sea. We will be surrounded by white peaks soaring more than 2,000 meters above the ice-strewn waters. We return north along the heavily glaciated coastline of the Antarctic Peninsula, passing through the Argentine, Fish and Yalour Island archipelagos and into the Gerlache Strait region.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!