Antarctic Circle: Sea Spirit
Achieve what few have done and cross the Antarctic Circle into the zone of 24-hour daylight. During your expedition you explore the majestic Antarctic Peninsula, where you will witness penguins, seals and seabirds with the incredible and spectacular Antarctic backdrop. Landing on the continent itself is a memorable highlight, where you’ll explore the iconic sights that make this one of the world’s most pristine, exotic and unforgettable natural environments
- Achievement of crossing the Antarctic Circle
- Witness and explore the highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Be aboard a specially designed ice strengthened vessel
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Witness the abundant wildlife - penguins, elephant seals, whales and more!
Crossing the Antarctic Circle
This special, once-per-year voyage includes extra days so we can push deep into rarely visited regions south of the Antarctic Circle. In so doing, we are following in the historic footsteps of legendary polar explorers and early scientific expeditions. The vast, white landscapes here are both bleak and beautiful, the weather is especially wild, and the waters are full of constantly shifting sea ice and enormous tabular icebergs. This is expedition cruising at its most authentic.
An iconic expedition with a fantastic ship and the best of Antarctica.
OverviewAchieve what few have done and cross the Antarctic Circle into the zone of 24-hour daylight. During your expedition you explore the majestic Antarctic Peninsula, where you will witness penguins, seals and seabirds with the incredible and spectacular Antarctic backdrop. Landing on the continent itself is a memorable highlight, where you’ll explore the iconic sights that make this one of the world’s most pristine, exotic and unforgettable natural environments.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Sea Spirit
Sail aboard the remarkably comfortable Sea Spirit and experience the polar regions in grand style with spacious suites. Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers this outstanding vessel, approved for polar waters, is equipped with rubber inflatable boats - called Zodiacs- for shore transfers and cruising. Kayaking and camping options are available on select departures. All suites have facilities en suite and exterior views. Deluxe Suites, Premium Suites and the Owner's Suite have private balconies for viewing the breathtaking landscapes of the Arctic, Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands. Cruise with all the comfort of home - king-size beds (twin beds for those who prefer them), an open bar, balconies and a hot tub. Plus enjoy the amenities of a fine hotel, while a resident photographer helps you take brag-worthy photos.
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia;
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation in Ushuaia;
- Shipboard accommodations;
- All scheduled landings/excursions;
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader &
- Expedition Team;
- All meals on board throughout the voyage;
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Expedition jacket (yours to keep);
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log.
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable);
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance;
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations;
- Personal expenses such as laundry and onboard communication (telephone calls, faxes, and e-mail service);
- Fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings;
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 150,000;
- Staff gratuities;
- Pre- or post-cruise travel expenses.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!