Crossing the Circle: Ultramarine
Setting foot on the 7th Continent is a polar achievement relatively few people experience in their lifetime. Even more rare is the incomparable milestone by crossing the iconic Antarctic Circle. Navigating south of 66°33' S is—for most —the highlight of the 14-day itinerary Crossing the Circle: Southern Expedition, which rewards passengers daily with views of dramatic ice formations, humpback whales swimming alongside the ship, leopard seals diving beneath your Zodiac, penguins sliding off icebergs into crystal waters, or giant petrels soaring above the crackling sea
- Extend your time in Antarctica and make landings in less frequented sites south of the Antarctic Circle;
- Zodiac landings and helicopter flightseeing;
- Visit historic research stations in the area of Marguerite Bay;
- Witness the quintessential Antarctic wildlife, including penguins, seals, whales and more;
- Experience the Western Peninsula highlights and visit iconic landing sites; and
- Learn about Antarctica’s geology and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists.
Standard cabins save 15%, Premium cabins save 20% - use Promocode EBB15 or EBB20
2022/23 season:Standard cabins save 10%, Premium cabins save 15% - use Promocode EBB10 or EBB15
Save an extra 10% (2022-23 season only) if full payment is received no later than 30 days after the booking is confirmed. Contact us for details!
In-depth Antarctica with a state-of-the-art vessel and onboard helicopters
OverviewSetting foot on the 7th Continent is a polar achievement relatively few people experience in their lifetime. Even more rare is the incomparable milestone by crossing the iconic Antarctic Circle. Navigating south of 66°33' S is—for most —the highlight of the 14-day itinerary Crossing the Circle: Southern Expedition, which rewards passengers daily with views of dramatic ice formations, humpback whales swimming alongside the ship, leopard seals diving beneath your Zodiac, penguins sliding off icebergs into crystal waters, or giant petrels soaring above the crackling sea.
- One night's pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Buenos Aires with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
- Group flight departing from Buenos Aires’ domestic airport (Aeroparque/AEP) to Ushuaia, and returning to Buenos Aires’ international airport (Ezeiza/EZE)
- Group transfer from hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
- Group transfer from Ushuaia airport to the ship, and return (Note: Transfer on arrival in Buenos Aires from airport to hotel at the beginning of the journey is not included. Please make your way to the included hotel.)
- Combined airport transfer and express bus tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park after disembarkation in Ushuaia
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Buenos Aires Flight and Transfer Package ($995 per person) BUENOS AIRES FLIGHT AND TRANSFER PACKAGE INCLUDES: Pre expedition hotel night in Buenos Aires, with breakfast, Group transfer from the hotel to the airport in Buenos Aires, Charter flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia (return), Group transfer from Ushuaia airport to the ship (return).
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!