The brand-new polar expedition ship launched in late-2021. Technologically-advanced, with onboard helicopters and modern, contemporary décor.
The newest ship in Quark's fleet, Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters for extraordinary sightseeing, this outstanding vessel offers the widest range of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to give you the ultimate polar expedition experience!
The name Ultramarine links directly to the sea, with ‘ultra,’ by its modern-day definition as ‘beyond what is ordinary,’ reflecting a signature approach to polar exploration. The vessel will create expedition experiences that go beyond what others can offer – especially in terms of off-ship experiences. Ultramarine has been designed in a way that will allow her to take people to places no one else can.
The unique features of this advanced polar vessel will allow her to redefine what’s possible in the polar regions:
- Two twin-engine helicopters and two helidecks: The helicopters on Ultramarine will be the safest and most capable helicopters in the polar regions. These robust twin engine helicopters – which will have exceptional viewing spaces and exceed all industry standards for safety – will allow passengers to experience epic aerial perspectives of the Polar Regions and landings only accessible by air.
- The largest selection of adventure options: Ultramarine will be the only ship in the polar waters to offer almost every off-ship adventure imaginable – including sea kayaking, paddling, hiking, mountaineering, cross-country skiing, stand up paddle boarding and now, for the first time ever, helicopter flight-seeing, heli-hiking and heli-skiing!
- Twenty quick-deploy Zodiacs: Ultramarine will house 20 Zodiacs, located close to the waterline, which can be quickly deployed from both sides of the vessel at four embarkation points that will be easily accessible from two passenger ready rooms, allowing guests to get off the ship in less than 20 minutes – which is half the industry average – to enjoy more spontaneous off-ship adventures than previously possible.
- Best-in-class 70-day operational range: Optimized fuel, water, provisioning, and waste-handling systems will enable a best-in-class, 70-day operational range that will allow Ultramarine to offer up a complete new set of polar experiences from exploring innovative itineraries to new, seldom-seen landing sites.
- Advanced sustainability features: In keeping with recently unveiled Polar Promise sustainability framework, Ultramarine will include technical features that will minimize the ship’s environmental footprint to an extent previously unseen for a vessel of this size. It will also include environmentally-friendly innovations such as dynamic positioning, which will eliminate the need to drop anchor in sensitive seabed areas.
Offering the most spacious suites in its category, cabins feature the latest in comfort and modern style. See the Deck Plan below for more information.
The wraparound deck located on Deck 5 of Ultramarine offers generous outdoor viewing opportunities to take in the polar landscapes and seize the moment when wildlife encounters occur.
Designed for efficiency—with wider hallways, plenty of seating, and conveniently located bathrooms—our two ready rooms allow guests to quickly change in and out of their expedition gear.
Forgot something at home? Don’t worry. Our Polar Boutique is stocked with the industry’s top cold-weather expedition gear.
A state-of-the-art, high-resolution LED screen wall in the main theater ensures high-definition viewing of presentations from your Expedition Team from any angle.
Featuring table tops that accommodate 2 to 10, guests can enjoy a quiet dinner with a loved one or join a larger table of new friends. Guests will also enjoy views from every seat in addition to direct access to the wraparound deck.
During your voyage you may be given access to the Bridge, where you can observe how the Captain and officers sail and navigate the ship.
Guests can enjoy a meal in the Bistro which offers an indoor/outdoor dining experience. Perfect for enjoying the polar landscapes.
Offering a variety of treatments exclusively crafted for our guests, the spa and adjacent steam room allow passengers to fully relax and unwind before their next off-ship adventure.
Perfectly juxtaposed luxury: guests can rest and relax in the comfort and warmth of the sauna while enjoying the spectacular views outside.
In the fully-equipped fitness center, featuring a separate yoga space with views to the outside, guests can enjoy classes from world-class instructors.
Panorama Lounge and Bar
Enclosed in glass and featuring unobstructed views, the Panorama Lounge and Bar allows guests to relax indoors while staying connected to the awe-inspiring landscapes drifting by. It servese as a cozy gathering point where guests can sip a glass of wine, engage in great conversation, indulge in a board game, or socialize at the bar—and, later in the evening, bust a move on the dance floor.
Solo Panorama 132 sq. ft. 1 twin bed
Explorer Triple 285 sq. ft. 3 single beds, two of which can be converted to a double bed
Explorer Suite 285 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Balcony Suite 226 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Deluxe Balcony Suite 299 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Terrace Suite 350 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Penthouse Suite 369 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Owner's Suite 446 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Ultra Suite 563 sq. ft. 1 double or 2 single beds
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!