Crossing the Circle: Ocean Diamond
This expedition offers you the most in-depth exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula. Extended time in the region allows you to go beyond the Antarctic Peninsula and venture south of the Antarctic Circle, home to fantastic ice formations and wildlife including the Weddell seal. You’ll enjoy more time for communing with penguins and visits to less-frequented landing sites
- Extend your time in Antarctica and make landings in less frequented sites south of the Antarctic Circle;
- Visit historic research stations in the area of Marguerite Bay;
- Witness the quintessential Antarctic wildlife, including penguins, seals, whales and more;
- Experience the Western Peninsula highlights and visit iconic landing sites; and
- Learn about Antarctica’s geology and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists.
08 Jan 2020 - 20% OFF
2020-21 Season: Early Booking Discount of 10% for all categories excluding triples - Use Promocode EBB10 during the booking process!
An extra-long adventure along the Antarctic Peninsula allowing for more days exploring less-visited and spectacular areas long to the South.
OverviewThis expedition offers you the most in-depth exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula. Extended time in the region allows you to go beyond the Antarctic Peninsula and venture south of the Antarctic Circle, home to fantastic ice formations and wildlife including the Weddell seal. You’ll enjoy more time for communing with penguins and visits to less-frequented landing sites.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/V Ocean Diamond
Sail aboard the Ocean Diamond, a modern, stable super-yacht and experience Antarctica. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, this outstanding vessel features numerous adventure options plus onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program and a well-stocked polar library.
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation with breakfast.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!