Voyage to the Heart of the Amazon: Tucano
This is a true expedition voyage and we explore far into the wilderness into some of the most untouched rainforest in all of the Amazon. We venture far up the least inhabited major river in the Amazon Basin on our expedition vessel, the Motor Yacht Tucano. Weaving in and out of small channels on the Rio Negro, we explore areas very rarely visited and seek out the mysterious life of the wilderness that stirs in the forest and in the heart of wild nature
- Explore deep into the Amazon World Heritage site
- Small groups, the best way to observe nature
- Excursions every day: by launch, kayak, walks in the rainforest, fishing, swimming, remote and unspoiled villages
- Highly skilled naturalists guides help to observe the wildlife
- Enjoy wonderful cuisine and stylish comfort in old-style elegance
- Sustainable expedition - with solar powered refrigeration, electric motors, solar heated showers, and solar ice makers.
The most comprehensive cruise operated in the entire Amazon
Departing from Manaus, Brasil, this is a true expedition cruise that explores far into the remote wilderness rainforest.
The Tucano is able to explore farther into the wild rainforest because the cruise is “continuous” - meaning that the voyage is for a full six days and not the more customary combination of two short cruises. The Motor Yacht Tucano voyages far up the least inhabited major river in the Amazon Basin: The Rio Negro. This cruise is the only one that ventures deep into the UNESCO Natural World Heritage site, the Central Amazon Conservation Complex, the largest reserve in the entire Amazon. By day and by night, through many active excursions, we seek out the mysterious life that stirs in the heart of the rainforest. On the last day of the cruise we visit the Encontro das Aguas, the confluence of the world’s two largest rivers, the Rio Negro and the mighty, magnificent, Amazon River itself.
The onboard guides are skilled naturalists who, over many years have developed fantastic skills that enable us to observe creatures almost never seen by others. In addition to observing flora and fauna, we also visit small villages to learn of the culture of pioneer families. Because of the exploratory vessel course, the very small groups, the many activities, and the skilled guides, this cruise is the most authentic cruise in the entire Amazon.
Without doubt the best way to explore the Amazon. The Tucano is a delightful way to travel.
OverviewThis is a true expedition voyage and we explore far into the wilderness into some of the most untouched rainforest in all of the Amazon. We venture far up the least inhabited major river in the Amazon Basin on our expedition vessel, the Motor Yacht Tucano. Weaving in and out of small channels on the Rio Negro, we explore areas very rarely visited and seek out the mysterious life of the wilderness that stirs in the forest and in the heart of wild nature.
- Meal Codes: B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Please note that the day-to-day schedule is approximate. The exact order of the days and specific features may be altered due to navigational and other scheduling considerations.
- Degree of Difficulty: Good health is necessary. Guests can have a quite enjoyable trip by simply staying on board the M/Y Tucano and participating in launch excursions. Participants in our walks in the forest must be able to comfortably walk for two or more hours at a time.
Motor Yacht: Tucano
Specifically designed for deep forest exploration, the M/Y Tucano has a shallow draft, a fleet of exploration craft, charming and exquisite wooden interiors and comfortable accommodations for a maximum of 18 passengers. The highly experienced captain and staff take you to some of the remote tributaries that are literally uncharted waters. They have a passion for exploration and hunt deep into the small, heavily-forested tributaries where the Amazon's most interesting creatures still thrive .... as they have for millions of years. Experience magnificent flora and fauna that is almost always invisible to travellers on more typical cruises. We almost never see any other people or other boats. This is what makes our cruises spectacular experiences that few people ever will be able share... in their entire lives. The M/Y Tucano takes you further and deeper than all other cruises!
- Cabin accommodation on board Tucano
- Guided excursions
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled water is served free of charge.
- Arrival transfer to the vessel from the centre of Manaus.
- airport transfers
- departure taxes
- visa fees
- soft drinks or alcoholic beverages
- items of a personal nature
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!