Springtime in the British Isles: Sea Spirit
Experience some of most beautiful and historic sites of the British Isles in the marvellous month of May on this luxury adventure. From the exquisite Tresco Abbey Gardens to spectacular bird sites like Skellig Islands and Bass Rock, dramatic Snowdonia, world-famous Giant’s Causeway and Fingals Cave, beautiful Inner and Outer Hebrides including Iona Abbey and St Kilda, finishing off with the World Heritage listed Ring of Brodgar in the Orkneys and Broch of Mousa in the Shetlands. And many more highlights besides!
- Bronze Age burial sites and romantic 17th-century castle ruins
- Wild and remote Skellig, Orkney, Hebrides and Shetland Islands
- Spectacular birdlife.
- Dramatic landscapes
- Giant’s Causeway and Fingal’s Cave
- Elegance and luxury on the small ship Sea Spirit
- Informative lectures and expert guides
EXPEDITION LEADER: DR. HUW LEWIS-JONES
Huw is a historian of exploration, culture, photography and the environment, with a PhD from the University of Cambridge. He is the author of award-winning books but is happiest when out in wild nature. Huw was Curator at the Scott Polar Research Institute and the National Maritime Museum in London. His books include In Search of the South Pole, The Crossing of Antarctica, Ocean Portraits, The Conquest of Everest, winner of the History Award at the Banff Mountain Festival, Across the Arctic Ocean, and Explorers’ Sketchbooks, an art history of discovery and adventure. His books now have been published in 14 languages.
As an experienced polar guide, over the last decade Huw has wandered on both sides of Antarctica and in the Arctic, from the Ross Sea and the Southern Ocean, to Siberia, Greenland and the North Pole. His research interests are equally wide-ranging, from Admiral Nelson and Captain Cook, through whaling and Heroic Age expeditions, to pioneering photography and even Inuit Art. Back in Britain, Huw regularly appears on television and radio as a historian and cultural commentator, in the BBC documentaries Wilderness Explored, Of Ice and Men, Antarctica’s Forgotten Hero, Battle for the Himalayas, and most recently the PBS Nova special Franklin’s Lost Ships.
Early Booking Offer 2020
Early Booking Offer 2020 Season: Book before 31 July 2019 and save 10% on Triple, Main Deck and Classic Suites - or 15% on Superior suites and higher categories. Quote Promocode SPX10 or SPX15 during the booking process.
Experience the Legendary History & Wild Nature of wildest Britain
OverviewExperience some of most beautiful and historic sites of the British Isles in the marvellous month of May on this luxury adventure. From the exquisite Tresco Abbey Gardens to spectacular bird sites like Skellig Islands and Bass Rock, dramatic Snowdonia, world-famous Giant’s Causeway and Fingals Cave, beautiful Inner and Outer Hebrides including Iona Abbey and St Kilda, finishing off with the World Heritage listed Ring of Brodgar in the Orkneys and Broch of Mousa in the Shetlands. And many more highlights besides!
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Sea Spirit
Sail aboard the remarkably comfortable Sea Spirit and experience the polar regions in grand style with spacious suites. Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers this outstanding vessel, approved for polar waters, is equipped with rubber inflatable boats - called Zodiacs- for shore transfers and cruising. Kayaking and camping options are available on select departures. All suites have facilities en suite and exterior views. Deluxe Suites, Premium Suites and the Owner's Suite have private balconies for viewing the breathtaking landscapes of the Arctic, Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands. Cruise with all the comfort of home - king-size beds (twin beds for those who prefer them), an open bar, balconies and a hot tub. Plus enjoy the amenities of a fine hotel, while a resident photographer helps you take brag-worthy photos.
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation;
- Shipboard accommodation;
- All scheduled landings/excursions (other than optional);
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team;
- All meals on board throughout the voyage;
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log;
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of US 100,000 per person.
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable);
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance;
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations;
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges;
- Staff gratuities.
- Special conditions: In case fuel price increases significantly fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!