Spitsbergen Explorer: Ocean Adventurer
If there is such a thing as a “classic Arctic” expedition cruise, this is it. You’ll get all the best of Spitsbergen, by exploring the western edge of the island and venturing to some northern outlying areas home to polar bears and Walrus. You’ll come across colonies of seabirds numbering into the thousands and watch for whales in the water. Packed with options for snowshoeing and sea-kayaking, this is the perfect expedition for exploring the “wildlife capital of the Arctic"
- Unique Arctic wildlife – Polar bears, walrus, reindeer
- Exploring the Polar desert
- Continuous daylight
- Tundra hiking
- Zodiac cruising
- Optional kayak adventure on select expeditions
Save up to 40%!
Book by Jan 31, 2020 and save the following:
May 20 and May 30 departures - Save 35% on Standard Cabins (Lower and Main deck Twins, excludes Triple cabins) - Use Promocode ARQX35 - Save 40% on Premium Cabins (Superior and higher) - Use Promocode ARQX40
Jun 14 departure - Save 25% on Standard Cabins (Lower and Main deck Twins, excludes Triple cabins) - Use Promocode ARQX25 - Save 30% on Premium Cabins (Superior and higher) - Use Promocode ARQX30
2021 Season: Book before June 15, 2020 and save 15% on All Twin Cabins (excluding Triples) - Use Promocode EBB15.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 15 June 2020 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
A 10 night Svalbard expedition allowing plenty of time to explore the absolute jewel of the High Arctic!
OverviewIf there is such a thing as a “classic Arctic” expedition cruise, this is it. You’ll get all the best of Spitsbergen, by exploring the western edge of the island and venturing to some northern outlying areas home to polar bears and Walrus. You’ll come across colonies of seabirds numbering into the thousands and watch for whales in the water. Packed with options for snowshoeing and sea-kayaking, this is the perfect expedition for exploring the “wildlife capital of the Arctic".
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Ocean Adventurer
This Polar Adventure Ship formerly known as Sea Adventurer was built in 1975. She underwent a $13 million conversion in 1998 and again in 2017. Her proud reputation is complimented by her well-appointed, elegance. Ocean Adventurer is the perfect expedition ship for people who enjoy soft adventures and creature comforts. Ocean Adventurer is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level cruising, yet offers fine dining, and cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- A daily program of lectures by noted naturalists
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and Special
- Guests as scheduled
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative
- Arctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation
- On embarkation day transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship
- On disembarkation day group transfer from the ship to airport or local designated drop-off location
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- Mandatory Transfer Package from Oslo
- Arrival and departure transfers in Oslo
- International airfare
- Passport and any applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption, and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry and other personal charges
- Telecommunications charges
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Any overnight accommodation required due to flight connections
- Optional sea-kayaking activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!