South Georgia In-Depth: Photography
South Georgia has rightly been called ‘the greatest wildlife show on Earth’ and after our in depth exploration of this remote island in the South Atlantic, we are certain you will agree. This seldom-visited corner of the planet is a place we know intimately and look forward to visiting every season. Even our experienced expedition staff, some with more than 100 journeys into the polar regions, cherish every visit to South Georgia. It really is that remarkable
- Outstanding wildlife observation on shore, Zodiac cruising and from the ship
- Focus on key historical locations including Shackleton's grave and old whaling stations
- Onboard photography symposium
- Learn about the environment, wildlife, history and ecology from polar experts
- Early season voyage with pristine, snowy scenery.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley.
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Special OfferSave a flight credit of US$500 per person (or equivalent currency). In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night.
This seldom-visited corner of the planet is a place even experienced expedition staff, cherish every visit!
OverviewSouth Georgia has rightly been called ‘the greatest wildlife show on Earth’ and after our in depth exploration of this remote island in the South Atlantic, we are certain you will agree. This seldom-visited corner of the planet is a place we know intimately and look forward to visiting every season. Even our experienced expedition staff, some with more than 100 journeys into the polar regions, cherish every visit to South Georgia. It really is that remarkable.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Pre-voyage information package
- Free use of expedition gear package with waterproof/windproof jacket, bib-pants, insulated rubber boots, waterproof backpack, binoculars and Nordic trekking pole.
- Transfers to the ship on embarkation day and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodation in your selected cabin category with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board with daily afternoon tea
- 24-hour tea, coffee, hot chocolate in bar/lounge plus in-cabin tea and coffee making facilities
- Expedition Leader and team of biologists, naturalists, historians, adventure guides and photographers
- Daily excursions by Zodiac boat with small groups for shore landings
- Guided hikes and walks for all abilities
- Visits to wildlife colonies, historic sites, places of outstanding natural beauty and science stations
- Photography guide
- An emergency trained physician
- Dedicated hospitality team including Hotel Manager, four chefs, professional bar staff and Adventure Concierge staff
- Onboard sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi and fitness centre including massage options (charge applies)
- Sea Kayaking program available (additional charge of US$795pp) – must be reserved at the time of booking your voyage and you must have some prior paddling experience
- Well-stocked library with polar reference books
- End of voyage video, photos and take-home USB
- Port fees and all permits to access visited areas
- Any international or local airfare unless otherwise specified in the voyage itinerary
- Visa and passport expenses
- Pre or post-cruise hotel accommodation unless otherwise specified in the itinerary (or pre-arranged)
- Pre or post-cruise transfers unless otherwise specified in the itinerary (or pre-arranged)
- Personal expenses on board such as alcoholic beverages, bar charges or laundry expenses
- Telecommunication charges (i.e. email, satellite phone)
- Baggage, cancellation or medical travel insurance related expenses (travel insurance is mandatory on all voyages)
- A voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for expedition staff and ship crew (suggested amount – US$15-20 per day)
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!