Solar Eclipse 2021: Totality in Antarctica, South Georgia, Falklands
Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia
Join distinguished eclipse expert and NASA scientist Fred Espenak (known far and wide as “Mr. Eclipse”) on the super-yacht Ocean Diamond and become one of the few people to ever witness a total solar eclipse from Antarctica - as well as exploring the Falkland Islands and South Georgia
- Learn about Antarctica with onboard lecturers
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Antarctic, with an optional kayaking excursions
- Witness a rare total solar eclipse from the deck of Ocean Diamond in Antarctica's Scotia Sea between the South Orkney Islands and South Georgia
- See South Georgia’s incredible wildlife, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton
- Wander the quaint British town of Stanley in the Falkland Islands
to join us on one of two special voyages: Solar Eclipse 2021: Totality in Antarctica, with South Georgia and Falkland Islands. Designed for eclipse chasers, this itinerary offers the rare opportunity to witness the total eclipse of the sun while also setting foot in Antarctica, as well as a chance to explore the rarely visited sub-Antarctic Falkland Islands and South Georgia. During your voyage you will have the opportunity to participate in talks led by Fred Espenak, known as “Mr. Eclipse,” who has participated in 29 eclipse expeditions around the world, while also learn about the region, its wildlife and history, during onboard presentations by our team of polar experts. On December 4, the day of the Total Solar Eclipse, you will receive a pair of eclipse glasses, and an invitation to a special celebratory toast, where you can relive your eclipse experience with fellow passengers. The excitement of the voyage continues as your ship then departs for South Georgia and the Falkland Islands, where you will explore regions rich in wildlife and polar history.
Early Booking Bonus Save 10%
Book before 20 May 2020 and receive 10% early booking discount - excludes triple cabins. Pay in full and save additional 10% (all cabins applicable).
Make History Again!
OverviewJoin distinguished eclipse expert and NASA scientist Fred Espenak (known far and wide as “Mr. Eclipse”) on the super-yacht Ocean Diamond and become one of the few people to ever witness a total solar eclipse from Antarctica - as well as exploring the Falkland Islands and South Georgia.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/V Ocean Diamond
Sail aboard the Ocean Diamond, a modern, stable super-yacht and experience Antarctica. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, this outstanding vessel features numerous adventure options plus onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program and a well-stocked polar library.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- Group transfers upon disembarkation.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
- Optional kayaking activities.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!