Realm of the Polar Bear In-Depth - M/S Expedition
A longer variant of the 'Realm of the Polar Bear' itinerary, you'll get three additional days on board M/S Expedition exploring Spitsbergen. Scour the ice and tundra in search of the elusive polar bear. During 11-days, you’ll encounter even more icebergs, glaciers and unique wildlife. Search for lounging seals, grazing reindeer and colonies of birds under the Midnight Sun
- Spot whales and polar bears
- Experience incredible scenery
- Marvel at Arctic birdlife and glaciers
- Visit the far-northerly settlement of Ny-Ålesund
- Discover breathtaking ice-covered fjords
- Glimpse herds of Svalbard’s unique reindeer
- Brave the Arctic waters for a polar plunge
- Take in daily lectures from expert guides
Spend a little more time exploring the wonderful Svalbard archipelago. You will likely be rewarded with more wildlife sightings and time to admire the magnificent icy nature and scenery.
OverviewA longer variant of the 'Realm of the Polar Bear' itinerary, you'll get three additional days on board M/S Expedition exploring Spitsbergen. Scour the ice and tundra in search of the elusive polar bear. During 11-days, you’ll encounter even more icebergs, glaciers and unique wildlife. Search for lounging seals, grazing reindeer and colonies of birds under the Midnight Sun.
EXPEDITION VESSEL: M/S EXPEDITION
The M/S Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world's most remote regions. The Expedition's spacious confines can hold as many as 140 passengers, but our commitment to keeping group sizes small means you'll never have to share it with more than 131 others. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the M/S Expedition delivers all three at a price few can top.
- 10 nights aboard the M/S Expedition
- All meals on board
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
- Lecture and educational programs
- Longyearbyen airport transfers depending on your flight details (read the TRIP DETAILS for more information)
- Waterproof boots supplied for men's USA sized 8-14 & women's USA sized 3-9
- Arctic destination guide book
- All meals included on board the ship. (Drinks and tips while on the expedition ship are not included.)
- Quad, triple, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (7 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-sized berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen size bed.
- M/S Expedition, Zodiac, and local buses.
- 10:1 = Guest/Expedition staff ratio.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!