North Norway, Aurora Borealis & Whales
The North Norway cruise follows the path of more than one kind of whale as it travels amongst the fjords of Tromsø. The long Norway nights offer travellers on this expedition an excellent chance to take in the beauty and wonder of the Northern Lights
- The mystical winter beauty of the sub-Arctic Norwegian coastline
- Small-group travel, sailing aboard a charming and historic schooner
- Opportunities to see sperm whales and other whale species gathering to feed on herring shoals
- Look out for white-tailed eagles, one of the largest birds of prey in Europe
- Hikes along the scenic coast or in small fishing villages
- Great opportunities to catch sight of the aurora borealis - Northern lights
Explore the beauty of northern winter and its legendary cetacean visitors!
OverviewThe North Norway cruise follows the path of more than one kind of whale as it travels amongst the fjords of Tromsø. The long Norway nights offer travellers on this expedition an excellent chance to take in the beauty and wonder of the Northern Lights.
S/V 'Rembrandt Van Rijn'
‘Rembrandt Van Rijn’ was built as a herring lugger early last century. The vessel was rebuilt as a three-mast passenger sailing schooner in he Netherlands in 1994 and sailed in Spitsbergen (1994 – 1996) and in Galápagos (1998 - 2001). The vessel underwent a complete rebuilding and refurbishment program until 2011. The communication and navigation equipment has been completely renewed according to the latest SOLAS regulations.
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of snow shoes.
- Transfers and baggage handling between airport and ship in Greenland harbours on the chartered group flights.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- AECO fees and governmental taxes.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!