Introduction to Spitsbergen: Ultramarine
The Svalbard archipelago is known as the “wildlife capital of the Arctic,” and on this stirring voyage, we show you why. Geared toward optimum wildlife viewing, this 10-day expedition provides ample opportunities to witness walrus, reindeer, and that most iconic of Arctic denizens, the polar bear, in their natural habitat, while marveling at the surreal experience of continuous daylight. Explore the unique Arctic landscape, hike the vast and colorful tundra, learn about the history and geology of this remote wilderness, and join us on a gripping excursion to a faraway, unforgettable land
- View arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and reindeer
- Enjoy all the adventure of an arctic expedition in less than a week
- Cruise in a Zodiac to get up close to glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more
- Hike the colorful tundra
- Take advantage of kayaking option
Early Booking Offer2021 Season Launch: Early Booking Bonus Save 15% on Standard Cabins (Explorer Suites) - Use Promocode EBB15 - OR Save 20% on Premium Cabins (Panorama, Balcony, Terrace, Penthouse and Owner's Suites) - Use Promocode EBB20.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 15 June 2020 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
The ultimate introduction to the Jewel of the Arctic!
OverviewThe Svalbard archipelago is known as the “wildlife capital of the Arctic,” and on this stirring voyage, we show you why. Geared toward optimum wildlife viewing, this 10-day expedition provides ample opportunities to witness walrus, reindeer, and that most iconic of Arctic denizens, the polar bear, in their natural habitat, while marveling at the surreal experience of continuous daylight. Explore the unique Arctic landscape, hike the vast and colorful tundra, learn about the history and geology of this remote wilderness, and join us on a gripping excursion to a faraway, unforgettable land.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by our experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising and shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- A parka to keep
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Transfers between Longyearbyen town center and port on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers in Oslo
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel night at Oslo airport hotel, with breakfast
- Charter flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen
- Arrival and departure transfers in Longyearbyen
- Charter flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!