Essential Greenland: South Coast & Disko Bay: Ultramarine
Enjoy an ultra-immersive exploration of Greenland’s most remote regions, sailing the icy waters of the southeast coast, past the lush southern tip, and stopping to visit local communities and observe imposing glaciers of the west coast. Visits to picturesque villages and Norse ruins provide an intimate look into Greenland’s distinct culture and history, while the rugged landscape, highlighted by dramatic fjords, imposing glaciers, towering mountains and verdant valleys, will leave you breathless. Spectacular, unspoiled wonders await at every turn
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as whales, seals and seabirds
- Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord and Kujataa farming communities, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Meet locals and experience traditional Inuit settlements
- Visit Norse historical sites and learn about this fascinating culture
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
Special Offers!Book before May 31, 2021 and save 10% for Standard* cabins (excludes triple or sole use cabins) - Use Promocode XXQ10 or 15% for Premium** cabins - Use Promocode XXQ15.
- Save additional 15% if paid in full within 30 days of booking (contact us for details).
Greenland is Europe’s final frontier: its grandeur is unquestionable and yet unknown to most travelers.
OverviewEnjoy an ultra-immersive exploration of Greenland’s most remote regions, sailing the icy waters of the southeast coast, past the lush southern tip, and stopping to visit local communities and observe imposing glaciers of the west coast. Visits to picturesque villages and Norse ruins provide an intimate look into Greenland’s distinct culture and history, while the rugged landscape, highlighted by dramatic fjords, imposing glaciers, towering mountains and verdant valleys, will leave you breathless. Spectacular, unspoiled wonders await at every turn.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Expedition parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where listed in the Mandatory Transfer Package
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!