Epic Antarctica: Ocean Diamond
Antarctica & South Georgia
Explore Ushuaia before embarking on this once in a lifetime adventure. In this diverse expedition, you’ll experience the spectacular flora and fauna of the Falkland Islands before immersing yourself in the unique history and exquisite, rare wildlife of South Georgia. Onwards to a comprehensive exploration of Antarctica including a crossing of the Antarctic Circle. An epic expedition in every sense!
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as ‘the Galapagos of the Poles’; more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyages to South Georgia and visit his gravesite
- Explore the quaint British town of Stanley in the Falkland Islands
- Cross the Antarctic Circle
Your expedition experience...
Antarctica awaits, with its geographic contradictions and overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint.
Booking an Adventure Option on your expedition is a great way to enhance your polar experience. These options are subject to availability and fill up quickly, so be sure to book yours early. Please note, Adventure Options are weather dependent.
Imagine gliding along the surface of a bay in the presence of icebergs and glaciers! Our kayaking adventures are the best way to feel at one with the sea. Taken in small groups of 16 people, multiple times per voyage, kayaking adventures are only conducted during calm weather conditions. We recommend you have some prior kayaking experience, including the capability to do a wet exit.
The kayaking adventure option is open to all levels of experience. However, we advise that kayaking in polar waters is not an activity for first-time guests. Beginners interested in kayaking, should first take an introductory kayaking course prior to their voyage. In addition, regardless of your experience, we recommend kayaking lessons for a minimum of three hours in preparation for your expedition. It is of the utmost importance that you be comfortable while kayaking in order to maximize your enjoyment and your overall experience.
Combining surfing with kayaking or canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding will give you a very personal and unique perspective on Antarctica. Taken in small groups in good weather conditions on calm bays and harbors, with Zodiac accompaniment, paddleboarding will be offered on via sign- up onboard ship on a first-come, first-served basis.
More information about your Adventure Options, including necessary experience, physical requirements and cost available by contacting us.
Early Booking Offer 22/23
Early Booking Savings on the following departure:
Dec 19–Jan 10, 2023 - Twin cabins and Suites save 5% - use Promocode EBB05
PLUS, Pay in full at time of booking and save an additional 15% OR pay in full by May 31, 2021 and receive an additional 10% savings. Contact us for details!
Get all the very best of Antarctica in a comprehensive experience - Antarctica's Polar circle and South Georgia!
OverviewExplore Ushuaia before embarking on this once in a lifetime adventure. In this diverse expedition, you’ll experience the spectacular flora and fauna of the Falkland Islands before immersing yourself in the unique history and exquisite, rare wildlife of South Georgia. Onwards to a comprehensive exploration of Antarctica including a crossing of the Antarctic Circle. An epic expedition in every sense!
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/V Ocean Diamond
Sail aboard the Ocean Diamond, a modern, stable super-yacht and experience Antarctica. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, this outstanding vessel features numerous adventure options plus onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program and a well-stocked polar library.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- Group transfers upon disembarkation.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!