Cross the Arctic Circle Jan Mayen & Spitsbergen
North Atlantic Arctic
This expedition includes a number of iconic destinations. We start with exploring the wild fjords and islands of western Iceland. Then crossing the Arctic Circle we stop at Jan Mayen Island, with its landscapes of breathtaking beauty and northernmost active volcano on the planet – Beerenberg. The last port of call is Spitsbergen, which is a must for those who want to see the Arctic in all its splendour
- Wild and remote Iceland
- Seldom-visited volcano Jan Mayen.
- Crossing the Arctic Circle
- Mountains and glaciers of Spitsbergen
- Elegance and luxury on the small ship Sea Spirit
- Informative lectures and expert guides
- Rich birdlife, possible sightings of whales and seals - and polar bears!
Early Booking Offer
2023 Season: Book before June 30, 2022 and save 15% on Triple, Main Deck and Classic Suites - or 20% on Superior suites and higher categories. Quote Promocode SPX15 or SPX20 during the booking process.
Return to the elegant comfort of the Sea Spirit after each day of Arctic expeditioning!
OverviewThis expedition includes a number of iconic destinations. We start with exploring the wild fjords and islands of western Iceland. Then crossing the Arctic Circle we stop at Jan Mayen Island, with its landscapes of breathtaking beauty and northernmost active volcano on the planet – Beerenberg. The last port of call is Spitsbergen, which is a must for those who want to see the Arctic in all its splendour.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Sea Spirit
Sail aboard the remarkably comfortable Sea Spirit and experience the polar regions in grand style with spacious suites. Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers this outstanding vessel, approved for polar waters, is equipped with rubber inflatable boats - called Zodiacs- for shore transfers and cruising. Kayaking and camping options are available on select departures. All suites have facilities en suite and exterior views. Deluxe Suites, Premium Suites and the Owner's Suite have private balconies for viewing the breathtaking landscapes of the Arctic, Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands. Cruise with all the comfort of home - king-size beds (twin beds for those who prefer them), an open bar, balconies and a hot tub. Plus enjoy the amenities of a fine hotel, while a resident photographer helps you take brag-worthy photos.
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation;
- Shipboard accommodation;
- All scheduled landings/excursions (other than optional);
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team;
- All meals on board throughout the voyage;
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log;
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of US 100,000 per person.
- Visa and passport fees (if applicable);
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance;
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations;
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges;
- Staff gratuities.
- Special conditions: In case fuel price increases significantly fuel surcharge may be applied for all bookings.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!