Antarctica, South Georgia and Falklands: Ocean Victory
Antarctica and South Georgia
This special expedition takes you not just to Antarctica but also to the wildlife paradises of South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. In the early season you have the opportunity to see intense wildlife activity. The brand-new Ocean Victory provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and outstanding hospitality
- In-depth Antarctica expedition
- Witness and explore the best of the Antarctic
- Unique wildlife of the sub-Antarctic islands
- Be aboard a state-of-the-art, polar 6 class vessel
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Witness the abundant wildlife - penguins, elephant seals, whales and more!
Sailing onwards between Elephant Island and South Georgia offers a small glimpse into the passage made famous by Shackleton 100 years ago, when he navigated the 1300 km course through open seas of Drake Passage in an effort to save his stranded crew. South Georgia is one of world’s greatest natural wonders. Wildlife-packed beaches, active research stations, former whaling stations and a visit to Shackleton’s final resting place are on our agenda.
On our last leg towards Argentina, we will pay a visit to the fascinating Falkland Islands. The capital of Port Stanley with its quaint English architecture will be our first call before venturing further west for Zodiac landings and wildlife observations on pristine and sheltered beaches. After leaving the Falklands, the last seadays can be spend bird watching from the top deck and attending lectures, workshops and photo re-caps in one of the ship's lounges.
20% savings 2021/22 voyages
Special Offer save 20% on 19 Dec 21 and 02 Mar 22 voyages! Use promocode OVX20 during the booking request process. Deposit before 30 November 2021.
Ultimate Antarctica expedition on board a state-of-the-art vessel!
OverviewThis special expedition takes you not just to Antarctica but also to the wildlife paradises of South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. In the early season you have the opportunity to see intense wildlife activity. The brand-new Ocean Victory provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and outstanding hospitality.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
M/V OCEAN VICTORY
The brand-new luxury infinity vessel Ocean Victory is one of the most modern small ship vessels in the world. This stylish cruise ship is ideally suited to small-ship expeditions, with a total of 93 comfortable cabins for guests, all with a view of the ocean, 90% with a balcony, even a suite with a French balcony! Ocean Victory is deployed and dedicated to varied Antarctica voyages. With the highest Polar code 6 and Ice class 1A, Ocean Victory is the ideal vessel for small-ship cruising due to her sturdy construction and X-BOW® – Infinity class, which provides high stability in rough weather and allows for the smoothest movements on high waves, and a Solas 2012 classification, which facilitates a safe return to port. Part of a brand new generation of low energy vessels, with 4 diesel engines and 2 electro engines, all controlled electronically to optimize speed and fuel consumption, the Ocean Victory will also be environmentally friendly onboard, with the implementation of the Green Initiative Program. Amenities onboard include a Nordic Bar Lounge, Ocean Shop, various restaurants, including an open deck dining facility, and a highly new and modern lecture lounge.
- Cruise with accommodation in a shared double stateroom featuring ensuite facilities
- All Zodiac landings and excursions as per itinerary
- Expedition parka
- Rubber boot rentals
- Guiding and lectures by our expedition leader and team
- English-speaking expedition team
- Full board on the ship - breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks
- Free tea and coffee 24 hours daily
- Guiding and lectures by experienced expedition leader and team
- Special photo workshop
- Welcome and farewell cocktails
- Digital visual journal link post-voyage
- Extra excursions and activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single room supplement and stateroom upgrades
- Meals not on board the ship
- Beverages (other than coffee and tea)
- Tips for the crew (we recommend USD 14 per person per day)
- Personal expenses
- Transfers to/from the ship
- Anything not mentioned under ’Inclusions’
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!