Antarctica Off the Beaten Track - Resolute
Explore from south of the Lemaire Channel to the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula. The goal is to enter Antarctic waters prepared to undertake extraordinary outdoor pursuits that will excite, awe and inspire people who revel in the outdoors. Options include camping out on the ice amidst the Polar landscape, sea kayaking (with or without overnight camping), high alpine ski touring, snowshoeing and all traditional activities (walking, hiking, zodiac cruising). Even experienced staff members many of whom have visited Antarctica a hundred times or more are still astonished
Important Voyage Logistics
This trip commences in Santiago – Chile’s elegant capital city. We recommend you arrive in Santiago at least one day prior to the scheduled voyage departure date. This gives you a buffer in the event of any unexpected travel delays between home and trip departure time. From Santiago we fly south to Stanley in the Falkland Islands via a special charter flight service. We transfer into town and have time to explore or enjoy a visit to Gypsy Cove prior to ship embarkation.
At the conclusion of the trip, we fly from Stanley back to Santiago.
A transfer is provided from the airport to a central downtown
location. This return flight arrives in the late afternoon and onward
international flight connections may be possible.
Full joining instructions are provided in your final travel documentation. If you have questions before this time, please ask us.
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Deposit before 31 August 2019 and save as follows:
2019-20: US$500 per person (or equivalent currency).
In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night combined with an onboard US$50 dining/spa credit.
An outstanding adventure with options for kayaking. The vessel's speed and strength offers great opportunities to get closer in to icy waterways.
OverviewExplore from south of the Lemaire Channel to the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula. The goal is to enter Antarctic waters prepared to undertake extraordinary outdoor pursuits that will excite, awe and inspire people who revel in the outdoors. Options include camping out on the ice amidst the Polar landscape, sea kayaking (with or without overnight camping), high alpine ski touring, snowshoeing and all traditional activities (walking, hiking, zodiac cruising). Even experienced staff members many of whom have visited the southern region a hundred times or more are still astonished by Antarctica's pristine beauty and wildlife.
- Expedition Sea Kayaking US$795;
- Overnight Sea Kayaking Option US$300;
- Backcountry Ski Touring US$750;
- Expedition Snow Shoeing - complimentary;
- Overnight Camping - complimentary;
- Onboard Photography - complimentary;
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!