Antarctic Small Ship Expedition
Cruise to Antarctica on a modern and comfortable expedition ship Ocean Nova with just 68 passengers, so that everyone gets ashore at the same time, uncrushed and uncrowded. Set sail from Ushuaia, Argentina, through the scenic Beagle Channel and across the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Peninsula, one of the most spectacular places on earth. Millions of penguins and other wildlife gather for the breeding season. The scenery will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge. Extend your adventure with kayaking and snow-shoeing options
- Small ship access to Antarctica’s hidden gems
- All travellers ashore at once, quickly
- Penguins, seals, whales, and natural beauty
- Just 68 passengers for an intimate experience exploring Antarctica
- Expert guides and modern, comfortable ice-class vessel
- Outstanding value for the experience of a lifetime!
The expedition program was well planned, with various wildlife sightings, breath-taking scenery and informative, interesting presentations. The expedition team are knowledgeable, friendly, flexible and the best of all, their passion about Antarctica is contagious. A wonderful professional team.
The operation team on board offered excellent service. The food was superb - kudos to the chef, his team and the dining service crew.
The captain and his crew provided us safe passage. Great job.
It was a fabulous trip. I'd love to return to the Antarctic, i.e., after first visiting the Arctic some time!
Special OfferBook before 28 February and save USD$1000! (or equivalent currency)
The overall expedition: 5 stars. Wow! Just a great week!
The boat: 4 stars. I'm impressed that every cabin had a window! On the larger ships that simply isn't the case. They need at least one more grab bar in the tiny shower area to make it safer to shower when you're out at sea. Also, when the outer decks are closed due to weather and/or sea conditions, it becomes very evident how few public spaces there are (panorama lounge, library, mess hall, and gym) if you want to leave your cabin. Also, the "gym" is really just a small room with a couple of fitness items.
The BBQ on Deck 5 is a novel idea and I'm guessing it's lots of fun during the Antarctic summer. It was freezing cold with a strong wind on our BBQ evening...not conditions that make the event fun by any stretch.
Overall, a very good experience. And I certainly would travel with Ocean Nova again in the future!
homemade snacks or sweets were provided. Various classes were provided during sailing to avoid getting bored. Cruise are well educated.
One of the cheapest Antarctica cruises you will find - yet on a modern, high-quality and small expedition ship. Unbeatable value!
OverviewCruise to Antarctica on a modern and comfortable expedition ship Ocean Nova with just 68 passengers, so that everyone gets ashore at the same time, uncrushed and uncrowded. Set sail from Ushuaia, Argentina, through the scenic Beagle Channel and across the Drake Passage to the Antarctic Peninsula, one of the most spectacular places on earth. Millions of penguins and other wildlife gather for the breeding season. The scenery will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge. Extend your adventure with kayaking and snow-shoeing options.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ocean Nova
The M/V Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable vessel. She was built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, and her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expedition travel in the polar regions. The M/V Ocean Nova has capacity for 68 passengers accommodated in comfortable outside cabins, all with private facilities, including dedicated single, twin and triple cabins. In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, a spacious dining room, a bar, a library and an infirmary. The ship has Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Juice, soft drinks, wine, beer, spirits, and mixed drinks served at the bar
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers in Ushuaia
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (male or female). No supplement is applied, and the shipping company will take care of finding the matching companion.