Antarctica Cruise from Ushuaia: Ocean Nova
Discover the Antarctic Peninsula on this intimate Antarctica cruise from Ushuaia! You’ll be surrounded by scenery that will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge. Find out what’s going on in Antarctica as you access some of its hidden gems, and witness Antarctica’s abundant wildlife with millions of penguins and other animals gathering for the breeding season
- The ship’s small size allows access to Antarctica’s hidden gems
- All travellers able to step ashore quickly and at once
- One of the best cruises to see penguins, seals, whales and Antarctica’s natural beauty
- Just 71 passengers makes for an intimate experience for Antarctic explorers
- Expert guides and a modern, comfortable, ice-class Antarctic cruise ship
- Outstanding value for the Antarctic voyage experience of a lifetime!
What some of our previous Antarctic explorers had to say:
The Antarctica expedition on Ocean Nova exceeded our expectations. We were very, very satisfied.
The expedition program was well planned, with various wildlife sightings, breath-taking scenery and informative, interesting presentations. The expedition team are knowledgeable, friendly, flexible and the best of all, their passion about Antarctica is contagious. A wonderful professional team.
The operation team on board offered excellent service. The food was superb - kudos to the chef, his team and the dining service crew.
The captain and his crew provided us safe passage. Great job.
It was a fabulous trip. I'd love to return to the Antarctic, i.e., after first visiting the Arctic some time!
Early Bird PricesBeat the price rise - Book before 31 December.
The overall expedition: 5 stars. Wow! Just a great week!
The boat: 4 stars. I'm impressed that every cabin had a window! On the larger ships that simply isn't the case. They need at least one more grab bar in the tiny shower area to make it safer to shower when you're out at sea. Also, when the outer decks are closed due to weather and/or sea conditions, it becomes very evident how few public spaces there are (panorama lounge, library, mess hall, and gym) if you want to leave your cabin. Also, the "gym" is really just a small room with a couple of fitness items.
The BBQ on Deck 5 is a novel idea and I'm guessing it's lots of fun during the Antarctic summer. It was freezing cold with a strong wind on our BBQ evening...not conditions that make the event fun by any stretch.
Overall, a very good experience. And I certainly would travel with Ocean Nova again in the future!
homemade snacks or sweets were provided. Various classes were provided during sailing to avoid getting bored. Cruise are well educated.
A real Antarctica cruise special and one of the best-value Antarctica cruises you will find - yet on a modern, high-quality expedition ship. Unbeatable value and one of the cheapest ways to visit Antarctica!
OverviewDiscover the Antarctic Peninsula on this intimate Antarctica cruise from Ushuaia! You’ll be surrounded by scenery that will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge.
Find out what’s going on in Antarctica as you access some of its hidden gems, and witness Antarctica’s abundant wildlife with millions of penguins and other animals gathering for the breeding season.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ocean Nova
The M/V Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable vessel. She was built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, and her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expedition travel in the polar regions both Arctic aand Antarctic. The M/V Ocean Nova has capacity for 71 passengers accommodated in comfortable outside cabins, all with private facilities, including dedicated single, twin and triple cabins. In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, a spacious dining room, a bar, a library and an infirmary. The ship has Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Ship cruise as indicated in the itinerary corresponding to each expedition.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- IAATO passenger fee.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary corresponding to each voyage.
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!