Antarctica Cruise from Ushuaia: Ocean Nova
Discover the Antarctic Peninsula on this intimate Antarctica cruise from Ushuaia! You’ll be surrounded by scenery that will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge. Find out what’s going on in Antarctica as you access some of its hidden gems, and witness Antarctica’s abundant wildlife with millions of penguins and other animals gathering for the breeding season
- The ship’s small size allows access to Antarctica’s hidden gems
- All travellers able to step ashore quickly and at once
- One of the best cruises to see penguins, seals, whales and Antarctica’s natural beauty
- Just 68 passengers makes for an intimate experience for Antarctic explorers
- Expert guides and a modern, comfortable, ice-class Antarctic cruise ship
- Outstanding value for the Antarctic voyage experience of a lifetime!
What some of our previous Antarctic explorers had to say:
The Antarctica expedition on Ocean Nova exceeded our expectations. We were very, very satisfied.
The expedition program was well planned, with various wildlife sightings, breath-taking scenery and informative, interesting presentations. The expedition team are knowledgeable, friendly, flexible and the best of all, their passion about Antarctica is contagious. A wonderful professional team.
The operation team on board offered excellent service. The food was superb - kudos to the chef, his team and the dining service crew.
The captain and his crew provided us safe passage. Great job.
It was a fabulous trip. I'd love to return to the Antarctic, i.e., after first visiting the Arctic some time!
Special OfferOffer extended: before 31 May 2018 and save USD$1000! (or equivalent currency)
The overall expedition: 5 stars. Wow! Just a great week!
The boat: 4 stars. I'm impressed that every cabin had a window! On the larger ships that simply isn't the case. They need at least one more grab bar in the tiny shower area to make it safer to shower when you're out at sea. Also, when the outer decks are closed due to weather and/or sea conditions, it becomes very evident how few public spaces there are (panorama lounge, library, mess hall, and gym) if you want to leave your cabin. Also, the "gym" is really just a small room with a couple of fitness items.
The BBQ on Deck 5 is a novel idea and I'm guessing it's lots of fun during the Antarctic summer. It was freezing cold with a strong wind on our BBQ evening...not conditions that make the event fun by any stretch.
Overall, a very good experience. And I certainly would travel with Ocean Nova again in the future!
homemade snacks or sweets were provided. Various classes were provided during sailing to avoid getting bored. Cruise are well educated.
One of our Antarctica cruise specials and one of the cheapest Antarctica cruises you will find - yet on a modern, high-quality expedition ship. Unbeatable value and one of the cheapest ways to visit Antarctica!
OverviewDiscover the Antarctic Peninsula on this intimate Antarctica cruise from Ushuaia! You’ll be surrounded by scenery that will astound you, with majestic snow-capped peaks soaring overhead and glaciers tumbling to the water's edge.
Find out what’s going on in Antarctica as you access some of its hidden gems, and witness Antarctica’s abundant wildlife with millions of penguins and other animals gathering for the breeding season.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ocean Nova
The M/V Ocean Nova is a modern and comfortable vessel. She was built in Denmark in 1992 to sail the ice-choked waters of Greenland, and her ice-strengthened hull is ideally suited for expedition travel in the polar regions. The M/V Ocean Nova has capacity for 68 passengers accommodated in comfortable outside cabins, all with private facilities, including dedicated single, twin and triple cabins. In addition to a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room, a spacious dining room, a bar, a library and an infirmary. The ship has Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers to the vessel in Ushuaia
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra expenses (excess baggage charges, bar and beverage charges, meals ashore, communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (male or female). No supplement is applied, and the shipping company will take care of finding the matching companion.