Antarctic Peninsula Fly-cruise: RCGS Resolute
Visit classic landing locations along the Antarctica Peninsula and Gerlache Strait coastline, including Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour, Cuverville Island and the Errera Channel. Ice conditions permitting, we will also attempt a transit of the Lemaire Channel, the gateway to the southern jewels of Petermann and Pleneau Islands in the Penola Strait region. We spend our days off the ship exploring by Zodiac boat and making shore landings in the company of our expert guides
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Early Booking Offer
Book and deposit before 31 January 2019 and save a flight credit of between US$800-$1200 per person (subject to cruise date). In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night combined with an onboard US$50 dining/spa credit.
The RCGS Resolute brings a luxurious touch to this classic polar adventure!
OverviewVisit classic landing locations along the Antarctica Peninsula and Gerlache Strait coastline, including Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour, Cuverville Island and the Errera Channel. Ice conditions permitting, we will also attempt a transit of the Lemaire Channel, the gateway to the southern jewels of Petermann and Pleneau Islands in the Penola Strait region. We spend our days off the ship exploring by Zodiac boat and making shore landings in the company of our expert guides.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Pre-voyage information package
- Free use of expedition gear package with waterproof/windproof jacket, bib-pants, insulated rubber boots, waterproof backpack, binoculars and Nordic trekking pole.
- Transfers to the ship on embarkation day and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodation in your selected cabin category with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board with daily afternoon tea
- 24-hour tea, coffee, hot chocolate in bar/lounge plus in-cabin tea and coffee making facilities
- Expedition Leader and team of biologists, naturalists, historians, adventure guides and photographers
- Daily excursions by Zodiac boat with small groups for shore landings
- Guided hikes and walks for all abilities
- Visits to wildlife colonies, historic sites, places of outstanding natural beauty and science stations
- Photography guide
- An emergency trained physician
- Dedicated hospitality team including Hotel Manager, four chefs, professional bar staff and Adventure Concierge staff
- Onboard sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi and fitness centre including massage options (charge applies)
- Sea Kayaking program available (additional charge of US$795pp) – must be reserved at the time of booking your voyage and you must have some prior paddling experience
- Well-stocked library with polar reference books
- End of voyage video, photos and take-home USB
- Port fees and all permits to access visited areas
- Any airfare.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!