Antarctic Explorer: Ocean Endeavour
Travel from Argentina to Antarctica. This cruise to visit Antarctica offers the best of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll be delighted by the places to visit in Antarctica, along with Antarctica’s wildlife such as penguins, seals and whales. Cruise amongst icebergs while you explore the iconic sights of the world’s most pristine, exotic and unforgettable natural environment
- Perfect for first-time visitors to Antarctica.
- Travel from Argentina to Antarctica.
- Witness and explore the highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- The expedition ship Ocean Endeavour - specially designed and ice strengthened
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from onboard lecturers and specialists
- Witness the abundant wildlife - penguins, elephant seals, whales and more!
Arrival & Departure Details
Since air transportation to and from your voyage is not included in the cost of your expedition, you will need to arrange flights from your home to the starting point, and home again from the finishing point. Here are the details of your expedition:
Arrival Day and Embarkation
You may arrive Buenos Aires at any time during Day 1 of your
itinerary. Upon your arrival in Buenos Aires, you will make your way
to the included group hotel. That evening, an expeditions
representative will greet you and be available to answer your
questions at the pre-departure briefing. After breakfast the following
morning, on Day 2, your group will transfer to the airport and board
our private charter flight to Ushuaia, Argentina, the southernmost
city in the world. Please note that there is a strict luggage limit of
20 kg (44 lbs) checked luggage and 5 kg (11 lbs) cabin baggage on the
flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia. Should you have additional
luggage, it can be stored at the hotel in Buenos Aires. There is NO
option to pay for additional luggage.
Upon arrival in Ushuaia (Day 2 of your itinerary), you’ll have some free time to explore this quaint port town before heading to the pier and embarking around 4 pm. Information about embarkation will be given during your pre-departure briefing at the Buenos Aires hotel. (If you are not taking the Buenos Aires flight package, you should instead arrive Ushuaia the day before the cruise starts, i.e. at any time during Day 1 of the itinerary.)
Final Day and Departure
The ship is scheduled to arrive back at the pier in Ushuaia between 7 am and 8 am local time. After breakfast, and once the ship has docked, you will have time to bid farewell to your Expedition Team and shipmates before completing your disembarkation. The process takes about an hour. If you have purchased the Buenos Aires hotel and transfer package, we will depart the pier to take a short tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park before transferring to the airport for our return charter flight to Buenos Aires.Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you may connect directly with your homeward flight, as we will land at the international airport (EZE). Approximate arrival time is scheduled for 5 pm.
Please note that weather conditions can always delay our arrival, and airline schedule changes have also been known to occur. Booking flexible tickets is always encouraged, as we cannot be held responsible for ship delays due to unforeseen circumstances. A post-expedition hotel night in Buenos Aires is recommended.
2018/19 SEASON: Save on the following selected departures:
05 Nov 2018 - Standard cabins* 30%, Premium cabins** 35%
02 Dec 2018 - Standard cabins* 15%, Premium cabins** 15%
2019/20 SEASON: Book before 31 October 2018 and save on the following selected departures:
05 Nov 2019 - Standard cabins* 25%, Premium cabins** 30%
02 Dec 2019 - Standard cabins* 20%, Premium cabins** 25%
11 Dec 2019 - Standard cabins* 15%, Premium cabins** 20%
07 Jan 2020 - Standard cabins* 10%, Premium cabins** 15%
28 Jan 2020 - Standard cabins* 15%, Premium cabins** 20%
06 Feb 2020 - Standard cabins* 15%, Premium cabins** 20%
06 Feb 2020 - Standard cabins* 15%, Premium cabins** 20%
07 Mar 2020 - Standard cabins* 25%, Premium cabins** 30%
Use Promocodes XXQ10, XXQ15, XXQ20, XXQ25, XXQ30 or XXQ35 during the booking process.
Terms and Conditions:
*Standard cabins: Standard: Inside Single, Twin Porthole, Twin Window, Upper Deck Twin/Double, Twin Porthole Suites
**Premium cabins: Superior, Top Deck Double, Twin Window Suites, Junior Suite
Valid on new bookings, applicable to above departure dates and selected categories only. Excludes triple cabins. Must quote the Promocodes above and provide full names at time of booking. Not combinable with any other promotion and applies to voyage only - not applicable for transfer packages, land-based programs, Adventure Options, additional hotel accommodation, pre/post tours, insurance, or flights. The right is reserved to limit, change or discontinue promotion at any time without notice. No cash value.
A great-value Antarctica cruise on a really comfortable ship and with a big team of Antarctica experts to enhance your experience. For adventure seekers, this is the perfect Antarctic trip, with adventure options such as paddling excursions, kayaking, camping, mountaineering and cross-country skiing in Antarctica.
OverviewTravel from Argentina to Antarctica. This cruise to visit Antarctica offers the best of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll be delighted by the places to visit in Antarctica, along with Antarctica’s wildlife such as penguins, seals and whales.
Cruise amongst icebergs while you explore the iconic sights of the world’s most pristine, exotic and unforgettable natural environment.
- Zodiac cruises, hiking and some also offer snowshoeing
- Camping on Antarctica (few people have the opportunity to say they’ve camped on the 7th continent and is one of the best ways to see Antarctica in a more intimate manner).
- Cross-country skiing, kayaking, mountaineering and stand-up paddleboarding are some of the other incredible options.
Your Luxury Expedition Ship: M/V Ocean Endeavour
The Ocean Endeavour is an extremely well-appointed
expedition ship expertly engineered to explore Antarctica. Carrying up
to 199 guests, the ship offers a superb guest experience with a
nautical lounge, two restaurants, sundeck, and plenty of deck space
for observation of polar landscapes, and lounges for learning and
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin.
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport. All luggage handling aboard ship.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Buenos Aires Flight and Transfer Package: Pre expedition hotel night in Buenos Aires, with breakfast, Group transfer from the hotel to the airport in Buenos Aires, Charter flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia (return), Group transfer from Ushuaia airport to the ship (return).
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!