Equipped with two onboard helicopters, a fleet of Zodiacs and an outstanding expedition team of experts, this icebreaker is ready to take you on a once-in-a-lifetime polar adventure!
The Kapitan Khlebnikov is a polar-class icebreaker combining power and technology with comfort. No passenger ship has transited the Northwest Passage more often than the renowned Kapitan Khlebnikov. Originally designed to take on the rigors of northern Siberia, the 24,000 horsepower engine and advanced ice-breaking technology take you places no other ship can.
A fully classified icebreaker, able to access remote polar areas subject to extreme ice conditions - places where other polar vessels simply cannot reach. Equipped with onboard helicopters, your sightseeing opportunities are not just limited to Zodiacs but include amazing aerial perspectives and landings in otherwise completely inaccessible places.
- 51 cabins and suites
- All cabins featuring private facilities and large windows
- All cabins come equipped with a desk, hair dryer, robes and large closets
- All suites have sitting room separated from the bedroom, TV and DVD player
- Dining room with unreserved seating
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- Coffee, tea and snacks served around the clock
- Lounge and bar staffed by a professional bartender
- Passenger elevator
- Heated indoor plunge pool
- Theater-style auditorium with state of the art equipment, for daily presentations from the Expedition Team
- Polar Library stocked with books and DVDs
- Polar Boutique
- Clinic with licensed doctor
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!