50 Years of Victory
This is the world’s largest, most-powerful nuclear icebreaker.
Carrying the highest ice class rating possible, 50 Years of Victory can crush ice up to 3 meters (10 feet) thick, and is the world's largest and most sophisticated nuclear-powered icebreaker. Onboard, you hardly feel a thing as the 50 Years of Victory smoothly smashes through the ice. The sound of mammoth slabs of ice colliding with the hull is unforgettable and you'll be filled with a tremendous sense of power! An onboard helicopter extends the vessel's ability to reach ice-locked, remote Arctic islands — making it the perfect vessel for any North Pole expedition and Arctic cruises more generally. With a cruising speed of 21 knots on open water, and a little slower on the ice, the 50 Years of Victory is, undoubtedly, one of the fastest and most exciting ways to explore the Arctic circle!
Twenty years in the making, the 50 Years of Victory is the first Arktika-class icebreaker to have a spoon-shaped bow, capable of breaking through ice up to 2.5 meters (9.2 feet) thick! This is the world’s largest, most-powerful nuclear icebreaker and it comes from Russia's incredible nuclear technology. If you're looking for the safest and fastest way to explore the icy Arctic ocean, looking out for whales and polar bears, then the 50 Years of Victory is the perfect ship for you!
Complete with a helicopter for shore excursions, the Victory is a ship unlike any other, with the ability to go where other ships cannot. Read on to learn the specifics cabin details, but please also feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the 50 Years of Victory. And keep an eye on our Arctic Cruise Deals to find potential early-bird and last minute cruises and expeditions.
- All cabins have exterior views and private facilities
- TV and DVD Player
- Some cabins come with coffee maker and safe
- Arkitka Suite has a single bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the sitting room
- All-inclusive bar and beverages
- Chef prepared meals (all included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Aft Saloon for presentations and socializing
- Victory Bar with exterior views, open from afternoon to late evening
- Polar library
- Gym, two saunas, and small swimming pool
- Passenger elevator
- Onboard helicopter landing pad
- Clinic with licensed doctor
- Helicopter and Zodiacs for sightseeing
- Champagne toast at 90 degrees North
- Hot Air Balloon (optional)
Onboard helicopters allow otherwise impossible polar sightseeing!
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!