Ushuaia, Cape Horn & the Falklands: Magellan Explorer
Discover magical places that will greet you with their awe-inspiring beauty: Cape Horn, and the beautiful, wildlife-rich Falkland Islands. The remote island of Cape Horn at the tip of South America is a rare destination for the adventurous traveller. A visit here is the stuff of legends. Even further afield in the South Atlantic is the remote archipelago of the Falklands, with peaceful bays rich in wildlife. Large numbers of penguins, whales, seals, and seabirds congregate to feed and reproduce. Present in abundant numbers, these animals will provide endless inspiration for your photographs
- A rare chance to visit legendary Cape Horn
- The beautiful Falkland Island archipelago with over 700 islands
- Meet penguins, diverse marine mammals and albatross
- Colourful and historic Port Stanley
- Combines perfectly with a visit to Patagonia
Adventure and Glory
A journey like no other awaits. Cruise at sea level with our Zodiac boats and feel the spray of seawater on your cheeks. Follow in the footsteps of early explorers. Setting foot at such remote places is a privilege and an honour. You will bring home indelible memories, and tales of your journey will arouse the curiosity and admiration of your friends and family.
Small Ship Access
Feeling more like a private yacht than a cruise ship, our small expedition vessel gives you privileged access, taking you where larger ships cannot. With a smaller number of passengers, disembarkation is fast and efficient so you spend time exploring, not waiting.
High Staff/Traveler Ratio
Travel with a well-staffed team of at least twelve professional polar guides. Passionate and engaging, they will make your trip memorable.
Early Booking Offer
A special Early Booking Promotion is in effect until January 15, 2021,
unless the allocated capacity sells out first. Travelers who book
before the deadline will receive a $1000 Air Credit reduction per
Brilliant new itineraries taking you to rare and beautiful places
OverviewDiscover magical places that will greet you with their awe-inspiring beauty: Cape Horn, and the beautiful, wildlife-rich Falkland Islands. The remote island of Cape Horn at the tip of South America is a rare destination for the adventurous traveller. A visit here is the stuff of legends. Even further afield in the South Atlantic is the remote archipelago of the Falklands, with peaceful bays rich in wildlife. Large numbers of penguins, whales, seals, and seabirds congregate to feed and reproduce. Present in abundant numbers, these animals will provide endless inspiration for your photographs.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury expedition Vessel: Magellan Explorer
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel. She was built in Chile to the latest Polar Code specifications to start service in 2019. Magellan Explorer has capacity for 100 passengers in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with shower. The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Ship cruise as indicated in the itinerary.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Landing fees and IAATO passenger fee.
- Flights, accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary.
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Visas for Chile, Argentina, and/or the UK, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!