Svalbard Adventure: M/S Quest
Visit Svalbard early in the summer season, when the midnight sun reigns supreme. The bird colonies are teeming with life and the peaks of the dramatic mountain ranges are snow-covered. Expert guides take you ashore to admire the landscape and search for wildlife. Ice still keeps the islands in its grip and from the decks of the ice-strengthened M/S Quest you can admire the ever-changing ice formations while searching for walrus, polar bears and much, much more
- Sail on board a modern expedition ship with a small number of fellow travellers
- See the spectacular mountains of Spitsbergen
- Sail through amazing fjords and see impressive glaciers
- Search for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales
- Incredible birdlife including eiders, vast numbers of kittiwakes and Brünnich’s guillemots
Knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides are the key to a successful expedition. On these expeditions you will meet guides with long experience of the Polar Regions and a genuine love of the Arctic. Several of them have been commuting between the Arctic and the Antarctic for many years. All guides are highly qualified guides when it comes to safety.
There are five guides on board the M/S Quest. Few passengers per guide increase the flexibility on board as well as enable a smooth Zodiac operation. The guides also entertain and educate you with interesting talks in between landings, where you learn more about the flora, fauna and history of Svalbard.
Early Booking Offer 2022Book any Svalbard expedition with M/S Quest in 2022 by the 30th of April 2021 at the latest and get a USD 300 discount per person! Risk-free booking policy until the 1st of March 2021!
Explore Spitsbergen early in the summer when birdlife is at its height and polar bears may still be out on the pack ice.
OverviewVisit Svalbard early in the summer season, when the midnight sun reigns supreme. The bird colonies are teeming with life and the peaks of the dramatic mountain ranges are snow-covered. Expert guides take you ashore to admire the landscape and search for wildlife. Ice still keeps the islands in its grip and from the decks of the ice-strengthened M/S Quest you can admire the ever-changing ice formations while searching for walrus, polar bears and much, much more.
- Please note: Our exact route will depend on ice, weather conditions and wildlife. The places mentioned above are just examples of some of the many sites Svalbard has to offer. We always strive to maximise your experience, but remember that flexibility is the key to a successful expedition!
- Photo Credits: Erik Edvardsson, Adam Rheborg, Mia Lundqvist, Vera Simonsson, Jonas Sundquist, Morten Jorgensen, Ola Skinnarmo, Lisa Ström
Expedition Vessel: Quest
The expedition ship Quest (formerly M/S Sea Endurance) was built in Denmark in 1992 to serve as a ferry on Greenland`s west coast. In 2004/2005 she was completely refurbished and now has a career as a small and comfortable expedition ship. Quest takes 53 passengers in 26 cabins, all with sea-view and private facilities. Travelling with this small expedition ship offers a more relaxed and informal atmosphere and a much greater focus on the destination than is the case with larger vessels.
In the dining room you are treated to delicious meals in between landings and in the panorama lounge you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape. Here you can listen to entertaining lectures on the area's flora, fauna and history. In the lounge you also find a well-stocked bar and a small library. The ship has spacious observation decks where you can enjoy the beautiful vistas and search for exciting wildlife.
The triple cabins on deck three have upper and lower berths. All other cabins have two lower berths or a double bed. In your cabin you also find a desk with chair and storage space for clothes and equipment. The superior cabins on deck three and four are spacious and have a separate sitting area and TV/DVD. The Owner's cabin, next to the Captain`s cabin, on deck four has a double bed, two large picture windows, a small sitting area and TV/DVD.
- 7 nights on board the M/S Quest
- 1 night in a hotel in Longyearbyen
- all meals
- an experienced Expedition Leader and knowledgeable guides
- lectures on board and ashore
- all excursions by Zodiac
- illustrated post-expedition log
- Flight to and from Longyearbyen
- travel and cancellation insurance
- customary gratuity to the ship’s crew
- personal expenses such as bar and shop charges.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!