Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land & Novaya Zemlya
Follow in the footsteps of early arctic explorers on the Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya expedition, voyaging to two of the most isolated, icy archipelagoes in the Russian High Arctic. From the mountains of Novaya Zemlya to the wildlife sanctuary of Franz Josef Land, these are rugged and essentially uninhabited landscapes that few have ever experienced. There’s no shortage of amazing adventures in these remote regions, where ice-capped peaks soar majestically out of the water and polar bears wander in their natural environment
- Seldom-visited high Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land
- Zodiac landings provide access to seldom visited sites
- Experience quintessential arctic wildlife, including walrus, whales and polar bears
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from polar experts
- Opportunity to spot polar wildlife, including some of the 50 species of seabirds such as the little auk, the Arctic’s ‘penguin of the north’
Free flight Package ex Helsinki!
Book before June 15, 2019 and we include the following Transfer package at no extra cost:
- One night’s pre- and post-expedition hotel accommodation in Helsinki
- Round-trip flights from Helsinki to Murmansk
- Transfers to and from the ship in Murmansk
- Transfers between the airport and hotel in Helsinki in conjunction with charter flight
2021 departures: Book before Jan 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode EBB15 or EBB20. - plus, Free transfer package for premium cabins. 50% Reduced Deposit for all bookings!
2022 departure: Book before March 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode XXQ15 or XXQ20.
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
A rare chance to visit two stunningly beautiful High Arctic archipelagos
OverviewFollow in the footsteps of early arctic explorers on the Jewels of the Russian Arctic: Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya expedition, voyaging to two of the most isolated, icy archipelagoes in the Russian High Arctic. From the mountains of Novaya Zemlya to the wildlife sanctuary of Franz Josef Land, these are rugged and essentially uninhabited landscapes that few have ever experienced. There’s no shortage of amazing adventures in these remote regions, where ice-capped peaks soar majestically out of the water and polar bears wander in their natural environment.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Ocean Adventurer
This Polar Adventure Ship formerly known as Sea Adventurer was built in 1975. She underwent a $13 million conversion in 1998 and again in 2017. Her proud reputation is complimented by her well-appointed, elegance. Ocean Adventurer is the perfect expedition ship for people who enjoy soft adventures and creature comforts. Ocean Adventurer is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level cruising, yet offers fine dining, and cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- A daily program of lectures by noted naturalists
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and Special
- Guests as scheduled
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative
- Arctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation
- On embarkation day transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship
- On disembarkation day group transfer from the ship to airport or local designated drop-off location
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and any applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption, and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry and other personal charges
- Telecommunications charges
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Any overnight accommodation required due to flight connections
- Optional sea-kayaking activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!