Greenland Adventure: Explore by Sea, Land & Air
Based in and around Southeast Greenland’s spectacular fjords, we take advantage of Ultramarine’s twin-engine helicopters to take you to areas other can’t reach. Ascend cascading coastal glaciers and step onto the vast polar plateau of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Travel by helicopter to glacial lakes high in the upper alpine zones. Roam the tundra with a resident chef and enjoy an unforgettable meal made from local ingredients. Join our Greenland Adventure, and return home with lifelong memories of one of Earth’s most fascinating lands
- state-of-the-art luxury expedition ship, Ultramarine
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as whales, seals and seabirds
- Adventure options with kayaks, mountain bikes and tents
- Meet locals and experience traditional Inuit settlements
- Visit Norse historical sites and learn about this fascinating culture
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Two onboard twin-engine helicopters for unparalleled access and sightseeing
2021 departures: Book before November 30, 2020 and save 25% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 30% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode EBB25 or EBB30. Plus, HALF PRICE transfer package for premium cabins.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 30 Nov 2020 (contact us for details).
2022 departures: Book before March 31, 2021 and save 10% for all twin cabins - Use Promocode XXQ10. $500 savings for transfer package.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 31 Mar 2021 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
- 50% Reduced Deposit for all bookings!
This one-of-a-kind voyage will immerse you in the stark, majestic landscape of world’s second-largest ice mass.
OverviewBased in and around Southeast Greenland’s spectacular fjords, we take advantage of Ultramarine’s twin-engine helicopters to take you to areas other can’t reach. Ascend cascading coastal glaciers and step onto the vast polar plateau of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Travel by helicopter to glacial lakes high in the upper alpine zones. Roam the tundra with a resident chef and enjoy an unforgettable meal made from local ingredients. Join our Greenland Adventure, and return home with lifelong memories of one of Earth’s most fascinating lands.
- Charter ﬂights between Reykjavik and Narsarsuaq
- Group transfers between the Narsarsuaq airport and the ship
- Group transfer from Reykjavik airport to the hotel on disembarkation day
- One night’s post-expedition airport hotel accommodation in Keﬂavik
- Shuttle transfer to Keﬂavik airport on last day of the itinerary
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Expedition parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where listed in the Mandatory Transfer Package
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!