Franz Josef Land: Sea Spirit
Venture on the unique expedition to the remotest and rarely visited Russian High Arctic archipelago – Franz Josef Land. Observe magnificent “moon” landscapes of the islands. Meet polar bears, walruses and arctic birds in the wild. See mysterious stone spheres of Champ Island. Follow in the wake of famous Arctic explorers. Compare two High Arctic archipelagoes – Spitsbergen and Franz Josef Land
- Spectacular coasts, fjords and glaciers of Spitsbergen
- Rare chance to visit one of the most remote Arctic destinations, Franz Josef Land
- Incredible rock formations and moon-like landscapes
- Arctic wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and seals
- Huge concentrations of birdlife
- The luxury expedition vessel Sea Spirit
Early Booking Offer
Reduced deposit of just 10%!2022 Season: Book before June 30, 2021 and save 10% on Triple, Main Deck and Classic Suites - or 15% on Superior suites and higher categories. Quote Promocode SPX10 or SPX15 during the booking process. Special Bonus for the very early birds! Confirm a booking until Dec 31, 2020 and receive an on board credit of 250 USD!
A rare and wonderful combination in the Arctic - a real explorer's voyage!
OverviewVenture on the unique expedition to the remotest and rarely visited Russian High Arctic archipelago – Franz Josef Land. Observe magnificent “moon” landscapes of the islands. Meet polar bears, walruses and arctic birds in the wild. See mysterious stone spheres of Champ Island. Follow in the wake of famous Arctic explorers. Compare two High Arctic archipelagoes – Spitsbergen and Franz Josef Land.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Sea Spirit
Sail aboard the remarkably comfortable Sea Spirit and experience the polar regions in grand style with spacious suites. Carrying a maximum of 112 passengers this outstanding vessel, approved for polar waters, is equipped with rubber inflatable boats - called Zodiacs- for shore transfers and cruising. Kayaking and camping options are available on select departures. All suites have facilities en suite and exterior views. Deluxe Suites, Premium Suites and the Owner's Suite have private balconies for viewing the breathtaking landscapes of the Arctic, Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falklands. Cruise with all the comfort of home - king-size beds (twin beds for those who prefer them), an open bar, balconies and a hot tub. Plus enjoy the amenities of a fine hotel, while a resident photographer helps you take brag-worthy photos.
- 1 pre-voyage hotel night;
- Group transfer to the ship on day of embarkation;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation;
- Shipboard accommodation;
- All scheduled landings/excursions (other than optional);
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader & Expedition Team;
- All meals on board throughout the voyage;
- Tea and coffee station 24 hours daily;
- A pair of rubber boots on loan for shore landings;
- Expedition parka;
- Welcome and Farewell cocktails;
- All port fees;
- Pre-departure materials;
- Digital Voyage Log;
- Group transfer to airport or central location upon disembarkation
- Visa and passport fees (For this trip Russian visa is required. See your country’s Russian consulate or embassy for details);
- Luggage and trip cancellation insurance;
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages other than those for special events and celebrations;
- Personal expenses such as laundry and telecommunication charges;
- Staff gratuities.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a minimum benefit of USD 200,000
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!