Expedition Svalbard: M/S Stockholm
It is Arctic summer and the ice has slowly started to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During the month of July the midnight sun reigns supreme and Arctic flowers are in bloom. Later in August the sun is closer to the horizon, preparing for the polar night, giving us beautiful sunsets and a warm light perfect for photography. With ten nights on board we have plenty of time for grand nature experiences and wildlife encounters
- Sail on board an intimate, charming and historic expedition ship with just 12 fellow travellers
- See the spectacular mountains of Spitsbergen
- Sail through amazing fjords and see impressive glaciers
- Search for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales
- Incredible birdlife including eiders, vast numbers of kittiwakes and Brünnich’s guillemots
- Explore seldom-visited parts of eastern Svalbard such as White Island.
- Possible circumnavigation of Spitsbergen.
Knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides are the key to a successful expedition. On these expeditions you will meet guides with long experience of the Polar Regions and a genuine love of the Arctic. Several of them have been commuting between the Arctic and the Antarctic for many years. All guides are highly qualified guides when it comes to safety.
There are two guides on board the M/S Stockholm. Few passengers per guide increase the flexibility on board as well as enable a smooth Zodiac operation. The guides also entertain and educate you with interesting talks in between landings, where you learn more about the flora, fauna and history of Svalbard.
Early Booking Offer 2020
2020 departures only: Book before 31 May 2019 and receive an early booking discount of $300 (or equivalent currency). Hurry while cabins last!
To travel on board M/S Stockholm is a truly unique experience.
OverviewIt is Arctic summer and the ice has slowly started to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During the month of July the midnight sun reigns supreme and Arctic flowers are in bloom. Later in August the sun is closer to the horizon, preparing for the polar night, giving us beautiful sunsets and a warm light perfect for photography. With ten nights on board we have plenty of time for grand nature experiences and wildlife encounters.
Expedition Vessel: M/S Stockholm
The M/S Stockholm is a classic vessel built in 1953 for the Swedish National Maritime Administration and is a sister to the M/S Origo and M/S Malmö.
In 1999 she was refitted as a comfortable ice strengthened expedition vessel for 12 passengers. All the cabins are outside twins with upper and lower berths, and en-suite facilities. On board the ship you will enjoy the company of likeminded travelers who appreciate the natural world, and are fascinated by the remote regions. With such a small party on board, this is like travelling on a private yacht, and offers an entirely different experience to that of a larger cruise vessel.
- 10 nights on board the M/S Stockholm
- all meals and all beverages
- an experienced Expedition Leader
- lectures and guiding on board and ashore
- all excursions by Zodiac
- The customary gratuity to the ship’s crew
- Comprehensive information material before the expedition
- illustrated post-expedition log
- Flight to and from Longyearbyen
- travel and cancellation insurance
- personal expenses
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!