Expedition Svalbard: M/S Quest
Visit Svalbard during the second half of the Arctic summer season. The ice is slowly starting to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During this expedition we explore the archipelago, searching for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales. If lucky, we will be able to circumnavigate Spitsbergen or explore spectacular Nordaustlandet
- Sail on board a modern expedition ship with a small number of fellow travellers
- See the spectacular mountains of Spitsbergen
- Sail through amazing fjords and see impressive glaciers
- Search for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales
- Incredible birdlife including eiders, vast numbers of kittiwakes and Brünnich’s guillemots
- Explore seldom-visited parts of eastern Svalbard such as White Island.
- Possible circumnavigation of Spitsbergen.
Reduced Prices 2019
SPECIAL OFFER 14 August 2019 departure only: FREE FLIGHTS from Oslo - contact us for details!
Experience the Svalbard wilderness on board a small expedition ship and with outstanding guides!
OverviewVisit Svalbard during the second half of the Arctic summer season. The ice is slowly starting to loosen its grip, which offers good opportunities to explore the seldom visited eastern parts. During this expedition we explore the archipelago, searching for wildlife such as polar bears, walrus and whales. If lucky, we will be able to circumnavigate Spitsbergen or explore spectacular Nordaustlandet.
Expedition Vessel: Quest
The expedition ship Quest (formerly M/S Sea Endurance) was built in Denmark in 1992 to serve as a ferry on Greenland`s west coast. In 2004/2005 she was completely refurbished and now has a career as a small and comfortable expedition ship. Quest takes 53 passengers in 26 cabins, all with sea-view and private facilities. Travelling with this small expedition ship offers a more relaxed and informal atmosphere and a much greater focus on the destination than is the case with larger vessels.
In the dining room you are treated to delicious meals in between landings and in the panorama lounge you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape. Here you can listen to entertaining lectures on the area's flora, fauna and history. In the lounge you also find a well-stocked bar and a small library. The ship has spacious observation decks where you can enjoy the beautiful vistas and search for exciting wildlife.
The triple cabins on deck three have upper and lower berths. All other cabins have two lower berths or a double bed. In your cabin you also find a desk with chair and storage space for clothes and equipment. The superior cabins on deck three and four are spacious and have a separate sitting area and TV/DVD. The Owner's cabin, next to the Captain`s cabin, on deck four has a double bed, two large picture windows, a small sitting area and TV/DVD.
- 10 nights on board the Quest
- all meals
- an experienced Expedition Leader and knowledgeable guides
- lectures on board and ashore
- all excursions by Zodiac
- illustrated post-expedition log
- Flight to and from Longyearbyen
- travel and cancellation insurance
- customary gratuity to the ship’s crew
- personal expenses such as bar and shop charges.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!