Antarctica South Georgia and Falklands: Resolute
Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia
The towering peaks and immense glacial systems of the Antarctic Peninsula are home to an abundance of wildlife. Large penguin rookeries are found at several locations and we encounter seals and whales in the iceberg filled waterways. Opportunities to visit historic huts and active science stations add further interest. We explore on shore through guided walks which may last up to several hours. Or if you prefer to sit and observe the penguins as they come and go from the water - why not? The more active may choose the sea kayaking option and experience a whole new side of Antarctica
- Witness some of the largest wildlife colonies found anywhere on Earth
- Outstanding wildlife observation on shore, Zodiac cruising and from the ship
- Visits to historic sites and science stations
- Learn about the environment, wildlife, history and ecology from polar experts
- Onshore hiking options
- Sea kayaking available
- Whale watching
- Active Cruising & Wellness
Book and deposit before 31 January 2019 and save a flight credit of US$800 per person (or equivalent currency). In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night at the fabulous Arakur in Ushuaia (valued at US$200pp), combined with an onboard US$50 dining/spa credit. The Arakur hotel is known for its spectacular location on a natural bench surrounded by stunning panoramic views.
The RCGS Resolute brings a luxurious touch to this classic polar adventure!
OverviewThe towering peaks and immense glacial systems of the Antarctic Peninsula are home to an abundance of wildlife. Large penguin rookeries are found at several locations and we encounter seals and whales in the iceberg filled waterways. Opportunities to visit historic huts and active science stations add further interest. We explore on shore through guided walks which may last up to several hours. Or if you prefer to sit and observe the penguins as they come and go from the water - why not? The more active may choose the sea kayaking option and experience a whole new side of Antarctica.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Pre-voyage information package to help you prepare for your trip
- Free use of expedition gear package with quality waterproof/windproof jacket, bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots, waterproof backpack, set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole.
- Transfers to the ship on embarkation day and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodation in your selected cabin category with daily housekeeping. Cabins feature outside views with windows or portholes
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board with daily afternoon tea
- 24-hour tea, coffee, hot chocolate in bar/lounge plus in-cabin tea and coffee making facilities
- Expedition Leader and professional expedition team of biologists, naturalists, historians, adventure guides and photographers
- Daily off-ship excursions by Zodiac boat breaking into small groups for shore landings
- Guided hikes and walks for guests of all abilities
- Visits to wildlife colonies, historic sites, places of outstanding natural beauty and science stations
- Resident photography guide
- An emergency trained medical physician
- Dedicated hospitality team including Hotel Manager, four chefs, professional bar staff and Adventure Concierge staff
- Onboard sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi and fitness centre including massage options (charge applies for massage and treatments)
- Sea Kayaking program available (additional charge of US$795pp) – must be reserved at the time of booking your voyage and you must have some prior paddling experience
- Well-stocked library with polar reference books
- End of voyage video, photos and take-home USB
- Port fees and all permits to access visited areas
- Any international or local airfare unless otherwise specified in the voyage itinerary
- Visa and passport expenses
- Pre or post-cruise hotel accommodation unless otherwise specified in the itinerary (or pre-arranged)
- Pre or post-cruise transfers unless otherwise specified in the itinerary (or pre-arranged)
- Personal expenses on board such as alcoholic beverages, bar charges or laundry expenses
- Telecommunication charges (i.e. email, satellite phone)
- Baggage, cancellation or medical travel insurance related expenses (travel insurance is mandatory on all voyages)
- A voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for expedition staff and ship crew (suggested amount – US$15-20 per day)
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!