Antarctic Small Ship Expedition: Magellan Explorer
Great value Antarctica cruise on a small, modern and luxurious expedition ship. Leaving from Ushuaia, Argentina, the expedition takes you through the Beagle Channel and across the mythical waters of the Drake Passage. Explore one of the most spectacular places on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent - Antarctica. The late summer period offers excellent chances to see whales!
- Small ship access to Antarctica’s hidden gems
- All travellers ashore at once, quickly
- Penguins, seals, whales, and natural beauty
- Just 100 passengers for an intimate experience exploring Antarctica
- Expert guides and modern, luxurious Polar 6-class vessel
- Outstanding value for the experience of a lifetime!
May Special: Save US$500 for bookings in all cabin categories. Hurry while space lasts!
Unbelievable value on this Antarctica cruise on a state-of-the-art, small expedition ship!
OverviewGreat value Antarctica cruise on a small, modern and luxurious expedition ship. Leaving from Ushuaia, Argentina, the expedition takes you through the Beagle Channel and across the mythical waters of the Drake Passage. Explore one of the most spectacular places on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent - Antarctica. The late summer period offers excellent chances to see whales!
Luxury expedition Vessel: Magellan Explorer
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel. She was built in Chile to the latest Polar Code specifications to start service in 2019. Magellan Explorer has capacity for 100 passengers in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with shower. The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Juice, soft drinks, wine, beer, spirits, and mixed drinks served at the bar
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers in Ushuaia
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin. No supplement is applied for single use of dedicated single cabins.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (male or female). No supplement is applied, and the shipping company will take care of finding the matching companion.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!