Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica World Explorer
South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula
This extended expedition encompasses the wildlife paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the extraordinary beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join this quintessential Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Learn about unique geology, history and wildlife.
- Incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as ‘the Galapagos of the South’.
- More than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of Penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.
Last-Minute Prices now available - please contact us for details!
If you think this is the only Antarctic voyage you will ever do, then it is a shame to miss South Georgia - the world's most incredible sub-Antarctic island!
OverviewThis extended expedition encompasses the wildlife paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the extraordinary beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join this quintessential Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: World Explorer
An “all balcony suites” ship, World Explorer features amenities and guest comforts to maximize the exploration off and on the ship and deliver an unequalled Polar expedition experience. Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among the fastest expedition ships, it will also be one of the finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation with breakfast.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!