Antarctic Explorer, Cape Horn, Diego Ramirez: Ultramarine
If this is your first visit, this take on our classic Antarctic Explorer voyage gives you the best of the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, and on this special departure, the chance to land at the historical landmark of Cape Horn, and potentially visit albatross nesting grounds at Diego Ramírez Islands as well. Conquer the famed Drake Passage; explore majestic natural environments by Zodiac and on foot; get up close and personal with penguins, whales and other wildlife; and enjoy talks on history, biology and glaciology by our onboard polar experts
Special Savings 2021/22:
Standard cabins save 20%, Premium cabins save 25% - use Promocode EBB20 or EBB25
Early Booking Savings 2022/23:
Nov 9 – 21, 2021: Standard cabins save 15%, Premium cabins save 20% - use Promocode EBB15 or
Jan 18 – 30, 2023: Standard cabins save 10%, Premium cabins save 15% - use Promocode EBB10 or EBB15
Save an extra 10% (2022-23 season only) if full payment is received no later than 30 days after the booking is confirmed. Contact us for details!
Antarctica has been inspiring explorers for centuries—now it’s your turn. Be among the first guests on our pioneering new vessel, Ultramarine. This purpose-built vessel is designed to extend the boundaries of polar exploration and offer an unmatched Antarctic experience, including a flightseeing tour you’ll never forget and a range of adventure options more extensive than any other ship in its class.
OverviewIf this is your first visit, this take on our classic Antarctic Explorer voyage gives you the best of the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, and on this special departure, the chance to land at the historical landmark of Cape Horn, and potentially visit albatross nesting grounds at Diego Ramírez Islands as well. Conquer the famed Drake Passage; explore majestic natural environments by Zodiac and on foot; get up close and personal with penguins, whales and other wildlife; and enjoy talks on history, biology and glaciology by our onboard polar experts.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- A group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Buenos Aires Flight and Transfer Package ($995 per person) BUENOS AIRES FLIGHT AND TRANSFER PACKAGE INCLUDES: Pre expedition hotel night in Buenos Aires, with breakfast, Group transfer from the hotel to the airport in Buenos Aires, Charter flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia (return), Group transfer from Ushuaia airport to the ship (return).
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!