Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica: Seaventure
Antarctica, South Georgia and Falklands
This extended expedition during the height of the Antarctic summer explores the paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the spectacular beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join the expert lecturers on board the Seaventure for this classic and comprehensive Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Incredible sub-Antarctic wildlife of South Georgia and the Falklands.
- More than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of Penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- Learn from the specialist onboard lecturers.
The sub-Antarctic Falkland Islands/Malvinas and South Georgia are home to some of the most unique and abundant wildlife on earth. With beaches covered in fur seals, elephant seals, and hundreds of thousands of penguins, it’s one of the most jaw-dropping nature scenes you will ever experience. We’ll also explore the fascinating history of the area, dating back to the grandiose times of the ‘Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration’ of the late 1800s and early 1900s.
As part of a Covid-safe 'travel bubble', a charter flight package is now
being added to 2021-22 season trips at a cost of $615 per person.
You only need to get to Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires
where you overnight before taking a morning charter flight to Ushuaia. NOTE: Departure dates ex Buenos Aires now start one day later than scheduled on 11 Dec - contact us for details!
Early Booking OfferDec 29, 2023 departure: Save 5% off all cabins until 31 Dec 2022.
Use Promocodes POLAR05 during the booking request process!
See South Georgia in style and comfort and at the height of summer.
OverviewThis extended expedition during the active beginning of the wildlife season explores the paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the spectacular beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join the expert lecturers on board the Hebridean Sky for this classic and comprehensive Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Super 1A Ice Class vessel: MS Seaventure
Seaventure features a 1-A Super ice class rating — the highest ice class awarded to passenger vessels. This means that we will be able to explore coves, bays, and channels that would previously have been forbidden to us. The ship also offers a host of new activities. There’s a sauna, a fitness center, a custom-built citizen science lab, and heated saltwater pool. There is more storage space, which is important because it means we can carry more equipment, so that more of our guests can participate in activities like kayaking, snowshoeing, and camping. The common areas are larger and beautifully appointed, and the ship has two kitchens, one on the Lido deck for al fresco dining when weather permits.
- Two nights hotel accommodations in embarkation city
- Transfer from group hotel to ship for embarkation
- Group transfer from ship to airport or central location at disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodations
- All scheduled Landings / excursions
- All meals onboard
- Coffee/tea/cocoa 24 hours daily
- Welcome/Farewell cocktail
- House wine / beer / soft drink with dinner
- Expedition jacket (yours to keep)
- A pair of boots for use during the voyage
- Wifi from the public computers in the library
- Daily international news service
- All port fees
- Digital Voyage Log
- 200 MB WiFi card for use on your personal devices
- Any airfare or travel expenses associated with arrival in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Arrival transfer from airport to group hotel in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Pre or post voyage expenses in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Laundry and personal expenses incurred on board
- Alcohol and soft drinks onboard (except as listed above in inclusions)
- Onboard communication charges such as outgoing phone calls, WiFi from personal devices in excess of the 200 MB provided
- Staff gratuities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!