Falklands, South Georgia Antarctica: Ortelius
Antarctica, South Georgia, Falklands
See many different penguin species during this comprehensive Antarctic expedition. Combine the major Antarctic highlights in one voyage. Visit the wildlife-rich Falkland islands (Carcass and Saunders) with their populations of rockhopper penguins and black-browed albatross along with majestic South Georgia, famed for its elephant seals, king penguins and breeding grounds of the wandering albatross. The expedition will also aim for a landing on the continent of Antarctica
- Comprehensive voyage with Antarctica and sub-Antarctic Islands
- South Georgia and its unearthy views and scenery
- Rugged but beautiful Falkland Islands
- Antarctic Peninsula’s magical scenery
- Meet at least six penguin species
- Visit Port Lockroy station
- Pay your respects at Shackleton's grave
If you want to visit Antarctica, don't miss the chance to see South Georgia, the greatest sub-Antarctic island on earth!
OverviewMeet at least six penguin species during this Antarctic and South Atlantic expedition voyage. Combine the major Antarctic highlights in one voyage. Visit the wildlife-rich Falkland islands (Carcass and Saunders) with their populations of rockhopper penguins and black-browed albatross along with majestic South Georgia, famed for its elephant seals, king penguins and breeding grounds of the wandering albatross. The expedition will also aim for a landing on the continent of Antarctica.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ortelius
The ice-strengthened vessel Ortelius is an excellent vessel for Polar expedition cruises in the Arctic and Antarctica, providing possibilities to adventure in remote locations such as the Ross Sea and Franz Josef Land. Ortelius was built in Gdynia, Poland in 1989, was named Marina Svetaeva, and served as a special purpose vessel for the Russian Academy of Science. The vessel is now re-flagged and renamed Ortelius. She offers a comfortable hotel standard, with two restaurants, a bar/lecture room and a sauna. Her voyages are primarily developed to offer our passengers a quality exploratory wildlife program, trying to spend as much time ashore as possible. As the number of passengers is limited to approximately 106, flexibility assures maximum wildlife opportunities.
- Voyage as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of rubber boots.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!