Antarctica Express Air-Cruise: Magellan Explorer
This air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile
- World's shortest Antarctica expedition - sail there and and fly back!
- Just 68 passengers for an intimate experience exploring Antarctica
- Expert guides and modern, luxurious ice-class vessel
- Highly experienced flight operator takes you direct to King George Island in Antarctica
- Chance of a lifetime to visit Antarctica!
Antarctica and back in a week! For those very short on time or with a tight budget this unique program offers a glimpse of Antarctica and will maybe have you back wanting more.
OverviewThis air-cruise Antarctica expedition takes you to the most spectacular place on earth, the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and remotest continent. Sail southwards from Ushuaia, Argentina via Cape Horn. After a brief exploration of penguin colonies on the South Shetland Islands you fly directly back from King George Island to Punta Arenas in Chile.
- Day 1: Arrive Punta Arenas - overnight hotel
- Day 2: Flight to Puerto Williams and embarkation
- Day 3: Cape Horn Drake Passage
- Day 4: Drake Passage
- Day 5: Drake Passage Antarctica
- Day 6: Flight to Punta Arenas overnight at hotel
- Day 7: End in Punta Arenas
Luxury expedition Vessel: Magellan Explorer
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel. She was built in Chile to the latest Polar Code specifications to start service in 2019. Magellan Explorer has capacity for 100 passengers in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with shower. The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Transfers airport/hotel/airport in Punta Arenas foreseen on the first and last day of the air-cruise.
- Flight from King George Island Frei Station to Punta Arenas as indicated in the program.
- Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program
- Hotel night in Punta Arenas on the day of return from Antarctica.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch offering a wide choice of dishes
- Daily served dinner offering a choice of three main courses
- A selection of wines, beers, and soft drinks served with lunch, dinner, and at the bar
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks throughout the expedition
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- Contingency Plan for air-cruise departures as foreseen for each voyage.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the Travel Program and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
- Personal insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Tips (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
- Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Up to 180 days prior to departure: full refund of the deposit received, less a $1,000 USD per person.
- 179 and 120 days prior to departure: no refund of the deposit paid.
- 119 and 90 days prior to departure: refund of 10% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- 89 and 60 days prior to departure: refund of 7.5% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- 59 and 30 days prior to departure: refund of 5% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- between 29 and the departure date: no refund whatsoever.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (same gender cabins). No supplement is applied.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!