Antarctic Pioneering Voyage: M/V Plancius
The Antarctic Peninsula offers dramatic scenery and wildlife almost everywhere and a great variety of possible landing sites. Yet many voyages visit almost the same places every time. Looking beyond the 'usual landing sites', this itinerary takes you on a journey of discovery to reach wild and beautiful Antarctic places, off the beaten track. This 11 day voyage will attempt Antarctica landings that have rarely if ever been offered by any cruise operator
- Voyage of discovery to new and rarely visited of Antarctic landing sites
- Antarctic wildlife in its natural habitat
- Land on the mainland of Antarctica
- Enjoy daily excursions by Zodiacs
- Expert lecturers and guides accompany your journey
Free camping and kayaking
Two for the price of none: Free kayaking and camping!
Limited time offer for 20 November departure only
The extra activities are an exhilarating kayak excursion near the dazzling glacial coastline, and an expedition-style camping trip that allows you to make your own snow dugout and sleep under the polar stars. Spaces are limited and available free of charge for only a short time on a first-come, first-served basis.
Want to visit Antarctica a second time without repeating landings?
OverviewThe Antarctic Peninsula offers dramatic scenery and wildlife almost everywhere and a great variety of possible landing sites. Yet many voyages visit almost the same places every time. Looking beyond the 'usual landing sites', this itinerary takes you on a journey of discovery to reach wild and beautiful Antarctic places, off the beaten track. This 11 day voyage will attempt Antarctica landings that have rarely if ever been offered by any cruise operator.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Plancius
M/V "Plancius" was built in 1976 as an oceanographic research vessel for the Royal Dutch Navy and was named "Hr. Ms. Tydeman". The ship sailed for the Dutch Navy until June 2004 and was completely rebuilt as a 114-passenger vessel in 2009. M/V "Plancius" complies with the latest SOLAS-regulations (Safety Of Life At Sea), is classed by Lloyd's Register in London and flies the Dutch flag. M/V "Plancius" accommodates 114 passengers in 53 passenger cabins with private toilet and shower in 4 quadruple porthole cabins, 2 triple porthole cabins, 9 twin porthole cabins, 26 twin cabins with window and 2 twin deluxe cabins, all (ca. 15 square metres) and 10 twin superior cabins (ca. 21 square metres).
- Voyage as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!