Best of the Western Arctic, Canada & Greenland: Ultramarine
Venture far above the Arctic Circle, in a land where the sun never sets and polar bears roam. Exploring the northerly shores of Canada’s Baffin Island and the western coast of Greenland. Zodiac cruising gives you an awe-inspiring perspective of impressive icebergs, glaciers and fjords, while visits to communities immerse you in their traditional and modern way of life. Soaring cliffs and dazzling icebergs dot the Ilulissat Icefjord. You may spot whales in their natural surroundings or get a glimpse of one of the Arctic’s most iconic animals; the polar bear
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, muskoxen, walrus and whales
- Explore Canadian wildlife sanctuaries and the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit traditional settlements and meet Inuit and Greenlandic locals
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
2021 departure: Book before Jan 31, 2021 and save 20% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 25% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode EBB20 or EBB25. Plus, HALF PRICE transfer package for premium cabins! 50% Reduced Deposit for all bookings!
- Save additional 5% if paid in full prior to 31 Jan 2020 (contact us for details).
2022 departure: Book before March 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode XXQ15 or XXQ20.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 31 Mar 2021 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
For those inspired by Arctic explorers!
OverviewVenture far above the Arctic Circle, in a land where the sun never sets and polar bears roam. Exploring the northerly shores of Canada’s Baffin Island and the western coast of Greenland. Zodiac cruising gives you an awe-inspiring perspective of impressive icebergs, glaciers and fjords, while visits to communities immerse you in their traditional and modern way of life. Soaring cliffs and dazzling icebergs dot the Ilulissat Icefjord. You may spot whales in their natural surroundings or get a glimpse of one of the Arctic’s most iconic animals; the polar bear.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Expedition parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where listed in the Mandatory Transfer Package
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!