Spirit of Antarctica: Greg Mortimer/Sylvia Earle
Antarctic adventures are best enjoyed in the early summer, when near-midnight sun powers an explosion of life along the shore and brightens the thought of camping out, early alpine climbing starts or extended kayaking trips. Penguin highways are busy with traffic as parents hurry to fatten chicks and waterways are alive with whales and seals. We visit historic sites and step onto the most spectacular continent on Earth
- Penguin colonies alive with nest building
- Zodiac cruise amoungst water-sculpted icebergs
- Step ashore the Antarctic continent!
- Visit historic huts and scientific stations
- Antarctic marine life - seals and whales
- Kayak, climb, camp or snorkel!
2022-23 SEASON: Save up to 25% - the discount varies by cabin category. Contact us for details!
An expeditionary voyage with many adventure options and the very latest in small ship cruising
OverviewAntarctic adventures are best enjoyed in the early summer, when near-midnight sun powers an explosion of life along the shore and brightens the thought of camping out, early alpine climbing starts or extended kayaking trips. Penguin highways are busy with traffic as parents hurry to fatten chicks and waterways are alive with whales and seals. We visit historic sites and step onto the most spectacular continent on Earth.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: The Greg Mortimer
This state-of-the-art 104-metre ship is a purpose-built expedition vessel for just 120 passengers, to be launched in 2019. Capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves, the Greg Mortimer is built to world-class polar standards – designed in close consultation with expedition specialists. The Greg Mortimer redefines expedition cruising for the future. Not only can the ship contend with the most adverse weather conditions, its added creature comforts make for a more enjoyable journey out on the open ocean. As a modern and custom-designed ship, the Greg Mortimer is at the cutting edge of nautical technology. Robust, powerful and built with guests in mind, this ship marks a significant investment in expedition capabilities. From the European Arctic to the depths of Antarctica, and other far-flung destinations in-between, the Greg Mortimer will make your journey a breeze!
- Group transfer to hotel from the preferred group flight.
- One night pre-voyage hotel accommodation and luggage transfer to ship on embarkation day
- Group transfer from ship to downtown or airport post voyage
- Fully-serviced accommodation in your chosen stateroom
- Daily shore excursions, guided walks, Zodiac cruises
- Comprehensive pre-departure information kit and destination resource guide
- An experienced team of destination specialists and activity leaders
- An informative and entertaining lecture program by our team of experts
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including house wines, beers and soft drinks, afternoon tea and snacks
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Pre-dinner drinks including canapes and bar snacks
- Complimentary 3-in-1 polar jacket
- Complimentary use of rubber boots
- Complimentary use of fitness centre
- Complimentary access to on board expedition doctor and medical clinic
- Personalised photo book (post voyage)
- Entry fees to historic or tourist sites
- Port, pilotage charges and landing fees
- International or domestic flights to or within South America, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Visa, passport, and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels or meals not included in voyage itinerary
- Optional activity surcharge
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (outside of dinner service), laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, and email or phone charges.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!