North Spitsbergen 82 Degrees: M/V Ortelius
We sail to Raudfjord on the north coast of West Spitsbergen, a beautiful fjord dominated by spectacular glaciers and favoured by Ringed and Bearded Seal. The cliffs and shoreline of the fjord also support thriving seabird colonies and a surprisingly rich vegetation, which flourishes in sheltered spots. Polar bears are often seen here
- Majestic scenery and glaciers
- Visit to Ny Ålesund
- Great chances to see polar bears
- Vessel with strongest ice class to take you into the world of Arctic pack ice
- Marvellous birdlife including Kittiwake and Brünnich’s Guillemot
Early Booking Offer
Book and deposit before 30 June 2019 and SAVE 10% for all 2020 departures! Enter the Promocode ARC10 during the booking process.
*All booking requests are subject to category availability. May not be combined with any other offer.
Be on the lookout for iconic Arctic wildlife in and on the pack ice!
OverviewWe sail to Raudfjord on the north coast of West Spitsbergen, a beautiful fjord dominated by spectacular glaciers and favoured by Ringed and Bearded Seal. The cliffs and shoreline of the fjord also support thriving seabird colonies and a surprisingly rich vegetation, which flourishes in sheltered spots. Polar bear are often seen here.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Ortelius
The ice-strengthened vessel Ortelius is an excellent vessel for Polar expedition cruises in the Arctic and Antarctica, providing possibilities to adventure in remote locations such as the Ross Sea and Franz Josef Land. Ortelius was built in Gdynia, Poland in 1989, was named Marina Svetaeva, and served as a special purpose vessel for the Russian Academy of Science. The vessel is now re-flagged and renamed Ortelius. She offers a comfortable hotel standard, with two restaurants, a bar/lecture room and a sauna. Her voyages are primarily developed to offer our passengers a quality exploratory wildlife program, trying to spend as much time ashore as possible. As the number of passengers is limited to approximately 106, flexibility assures maximum wildlife opportunities.
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snow shoes
- Transfers and baggage handling between the airport, hotels and ship only for those passengers on the group flights to and from Longyearbyen.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- AECO fees and governmental taxes.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to / from the vessel outside Spitsbergen.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!