Great Barrier Reef 4 nights: Coral Expeditions II
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
This is the perfect option for those guests wanting to spend the maximum amount of time exploring the colourful coral gardens of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy a full day to discover two different sections of the rarely visited Ribbon Reefs, considered to be the most colourful and pristine reefs found anywhere along the entire length of the Great Barrier Reef, as well as the wonderful fringing reefs off Lizard Island and Two Isles. You will also have the opportunity to explore historic Cooktown and savour a full morning discovering spectacular Lizard Island
- The complete Great Barrier Reef experience. Snorkel over colourful coral gardens, stroll golden sandy beaches and wander rainforest trails
- Secluded gourmet beach BBQ
- Experience the World Heritage-listed reef from our private moorings away from the tourist crowds
- Be guided by an expert Marine Biologist on glass bottom boat and snorkelling tours
- Informative presentations and educational documentaries
- History and cultures of the region and early explorers
- Join an optional resort or certified SCUBA dive on
The 7-night Immersive Reef itinerary is the ideal way to experience the finest of the Northern and Southern Great Barrier Reef. Created by combining the 3-night and 4 night itineraries – first cruising to the Southern Reef, then continuing to the Northern reef – highlights of this expedition include the Ribbon Reefs, Lizard Island, Hinchinbrook Island and Sudbury Cay. Visiting nine private mooring sites, this is the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience where you can see it all – reef, rainforests and islands. Guests also have the opportunity to enjoy a complimentary excursion to Tjapukai when this ship is in Cairns mid-cruise during turnaround.
Please note that this voyage runs in both directions – starting either Northbound or Southbound departing either Monday or Friday.
Discover the reefs of the Tropical North, whilst still enjoying time ashore.
OverviewThis is the perfect option for those guests wanting to spend the maximum amount of time exploring the colourful coral gardens of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy a full day to discover two different sections of the rarely visited Ribbon Reefs, considered to be the most colourful and pristine reefs found anywhere along the entire length of the Great Barrier Reef, as well as the wonderful fringing reefs off Lizard Island and Two Isles. You will also have the opportunity to explore historic Cooktown and savour a full morning discovering spectacular Lizard Island.
Luxury Motor Yacht M/Y Coral Expeditions II
At just 35 metres in length, Coral Expeditions II is the ideal small
ship for discovering the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef.
Small enough to allow snorkelling directly from the ship, yet equipped
with the facilities of a much larger vessel, your cruise aboard Coral
Expeditions II will be truly memorable. Coral Expeditions II is an
Australian-flagged, Australian-crewed classic catamaran designed and
built for maximum stability and guest comfort. With a shallow draught
and high manoeuvrability, she can go where large cruise ships cannot.
Accommodating just 44 guests, Coral Expeditions II has an intimate, informal atmosphere. The 22 onboard rooms range from 14 to 15 square metres, are comfortable with natural light, iPod docks, en-suites, and are serviced daily. Coral Expeditions II’s spacious lounge is a great place to relax and enjoy a drink from the cocktail bar in air-conditioned comfort, and features a comprehensive reference library and plasma screens. The large Sun Deck is another popular place to relax and take in the sights, with comfortable deck chairs and stylish teak furnishings.
Coral Expeditions II carries a glass bottom coral viewing boat, and a complement of Zodiacs and kayaks that are used in our expedition itineraries.
- 4 night cruise on Coral Expeditions II
- Expert interpretation and presentations by resident Marine Biologist
- Use of snorkelling equipment; masks, fins, flotation vests and wetsuits
- Guided glass bottom coral viewing and snorkelling excursions
- All meals, morning and afternoon teas
- Coffee, tea and selected soft drinks
- Use of all onboard facilities
- Comprehensive sightseeing as detailed
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Post cruise transfer from ship to Cairns airport or central Cairns hotels
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items such as communications and bar charges
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!