Falklands and South Georgia: Magellan Explorer
Falklands and South Georgia
This special small ship expedition takes you to the wildlife paradise of South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. In the early season we have the opportunity to see intense wildlife activity. The Magellan Explorer provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and boutique hospitality
- A rich wilderness experience
- Remote island outposts of the Falklands with impressive birdlife
- In-depth visit to South Georgia
- Many penguin species in vast numbers
- Encounter nesting albatross
- Countless fur seals and elephant seals
- Expert guides and a state-of-the-art luxury vessel with just 100 passengers
Special Price for Single supplement
Unique opportunity for an early season, in-depth and luxurious South Georgia expedition
OverviewThis special small ship expedition takes you to the wildlife paradise of South Georgia and the Falkland Islands. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. In the early season we have the opportunity to see intense wildlife activity. The Magellan Explorer provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and boutique hospitality.
Luxury expedition Vessel: Magellan Explorer
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel. She was built in Chile to the latest Polar Code specifications to start service in 2019. Magellan Explorer has capacity for 96 passengers in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with shower. The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Ship cruise as indicated in the itinerary corresponding to each expedition.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- IAATO passenger fee.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary corresponding to each voyage.
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!