Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica Explorer
Antarctica, South Georgia and Falklands
This extended expedition during the active beginning of the wildlife season explores the paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the spectacular beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join the expert lecturers on board the Hebridean Sky for this classic and comprehensive Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Incredible sub-Antarctic wildlife of South Georgia and the Falklands.
- More than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of Penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- Learn from the specialist onboard lecturers.
See South Georgia in style and comfort and at the exciting early part of summer.
OverviewThis extended expedition during the active beginning of the wildlife season explores the paradise of South Georgia, the remote Falkland Islands as well as the spectacular beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, which will provide unprecedented wildlife viewing opportunities. Join the expert lecturers on board the Sea Explorer for this classic and comprehensive Antarctic experience for polar travellers!
Expedition Vessel: M/V Hebridean Sky
Hebridean Sky was built in 1991 in Italy and underwent extensive refitting and modernization in 2005 and again in 2016. In all ways she is an excellent expedition ship—equipped like a classic luxury yacht with attractive, spacious cabins and stylish common areas, all outfitted with an eye for details. In all, there are 57 cabins, of which 12 are suites with their own balconies, on the ship. With a crew of 70 persons the service on board is unsurpassed, and as icing on the cake the ship's cooks provide for exquisite culinary indulgence in the ship's restaurant. The ship has a large lounge, in which the trip organizers hold informational meetings and lectures, and a great deal of outdoor deck space from which we can enjoy both whales and unique nature between landfalls. On the ship there are a number of Zodiac rubber boats, which are used for most landings, as it only possible to dock a few places.
- One night hotel accommodations in embarkation city
- Transfer from group hotel to ship for embarkation
- Group transfer from ship to airport or central location at disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodations
- All scheduled Landings / excursions
- All meals onboard
- Coffee/tea/cocoa 24 hours daily
- Welcome/Farewell cocktail
- House wine / beer / soft drink with dinner
- Expedition jacket (yours to keep)
- A pair of boots for use during the voyage
- Wifi from the public computers in the library
- Daily international news service
- All port fees
- Digital Voyage Log
- In Penthouse, Veranda, Deluxe, Single and Promenade categories: champagne and chocolates on arrival, complimentary mini-bar, and $100 Gift Shop certificate
- Any airfare or travel expenses associated with arrival in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Arrival transfer from airport to group hotel in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Pre or post voyage expenses in Ushuaia or Buenos Aires
- Laundry and personal expenses incurred on board
- Alcohol and soft drinks onboard (except as listed above in inclusions)
- Onboard communication charges such as outgoing phone calls, wi fi from personal devices
- Staff gratuities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!