Falklands, South Georgia, Antarctica Air-Cruise
Antarctica & South Georgia
Save sea time with the included flights on this far-reaching expedition to the islands of the South Atlantic Ocean and the Antarctic mainland. Revel in 17 eye-popping days of exploration. Busybody penguins in rookeries by the thousands, behemoth icebergs reflecting startling greens and blues, humpback whales feeding on krill and of course the continent-sized sweeping ice sheet of Antarctica. We follow the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton whose epic small boat journey a century ago remains one of the greatest feats of navigation in history
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Learn about unique geology, history and wildlife.
- Incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as ‘the Galapagos of the South’.
- More than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of Penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- On board lecturers and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
A comprehensive Antarctic expedition on a highly-regarded vessel.
OverviewSave sea time with the included flights on this far-reaching expedition to the islands of the South Atlantic Ocean and the Antarctic mainland. Revel in 17 eye-popping days of exploration. Busybody penguins in rookeries by the thousands, behemoth icebergs reflecting startling greens and blues, humpback whales feeding on krill and of course the continent-sized sweeping ice sheet of Antarctica. We follow the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton whose epic small boat journey a century ago remains one of the greatest feats of navigation in history.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Akademik Ioffe
Designed for polar research, the Akademik Ioffe, also known as the One Ocean Navigator is modern, comfortable, safe and ice-strengthened. From small group sessions to briefings for all passengers, the public spaces onboard the ship are ideally suited for each and every need. A separate bar and lounge, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. A selection of movies and documentaries can also be watched in the lounge. Enjoy the sumptuous meals prepared for you by the culinary team in our dining room, which can host all clients in a single seating with ample room. Other facilities include the theatre style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, sauna and plunge pool.
- Flights from Punta Arenas to Stanley, Falkland Islands or King George Island and return
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!