Canada’s East Coast Fins and Fiddles: Resolute
Canada, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia
Explore Canada's East Coast including Sable Island, Perce, Quebec, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland & Labrador, and even the quaint taste of France in St. Pierre & Miquelon. Family friendly tours take you to see the famous wild horses of Sable Island as well as sea kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and cycling excursions throughout the voyage
- Incredible birdlife including gannet colonies and Atlantic puffins
- Marine mammals such as grey seals and harp seals and humpback whales
- Isolated fishing communities
- Spectacular Gros Morne National Park
- Rarely visited Sable Island, Bird Island, Bonaventure Island and the Gaspe Peninsula
- Zodiac cruising, hiking and photographic opportunities
- Optional kayaking excursions
This expedition cruise takes travellers to islands and remote parts of Canada's Atlantic coast. Eastern Canada is famous for a rich and diverse culture, found in small fishing communities and remote ports. The region also offers a staggering abundance of wildlife, including prolific birdlife, numerous seal and whale species and we even encounter the fabled wild horses of Sable Island. Beaches and lagoons provide viewing opportunities for numerous shorebirds. On the cruise we hope to see the great baleen whales such as the humpback, minke and blue whale, as well as grey and harp seals.
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Special Offer2020 voyages: Book before 30 June 2019 and save US$750 TRAVEL CREDIT plus complimentary pre-voyage hotel night!
Take advantage of the special prices on this exceptional adventure to the stunning coasts of eastern Canada.
OverviewExplore Canada's East Coast including Sable Island, Perce, Quebec, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland & Labrador, and even the quaint taste of France in St. Pierre & Miquelon. Family friendly tours take you to see the famous wild horses of Sable Island as well as sea kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and cycling excursions throughout the voyage.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Akademik Ioffe
Designed for polar research, the Akademik Ioffe, also known as the One Ocean Navigator is modern, comfortable, safe and ice-strengthened. From small group sessions to briefings for all passengers, the public spaces onboard the ship are ideally suited for each and every need. A separate bar and lounge, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. A selection of movies and documentaries can also be watched in the lounge. Enjoy the sumptuous meals prepared for you by the culinary team in our dining room, which can host all clients in a single seating with ample room. Other facilities include the theatre style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, sauna and plunge pool.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Canadian GST of 5% to be added to the cruise and flight cost
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!