Arctic Express Canada: Heart of the Northwest Passage
The quest for trade routes to the Far East inspired much of the age of exploration of North America, with the promise of the Northwest Passage its elusive jewel. This is a journey no traditional vessel can offer: immersing yourself in the full Arctic experience while getting back home a week and a half later. Nature and wildlife are the guides on this voyage as you explore the region’s diverse treasures. The Arctic’s stark beauty offers an unforgettable backdrop, while a world-class team provides the knowledge and insight to help you connect with the region’s unique history and geography
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, muskoxen, walrus and whales
- Follow in the footsteps of famous explorers like Franklin and Amundsen
- Explore the Canadian Arctic in just over a week!
- Onboard helicopters for unparalleled access and sightseeing
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
A state of the art expedition vessel...
Ultramarine’s two twin-engine helicopters, 20-quick-launching Zodiacs and unprecedented mix of on-ship amenities and off-ship adventure options will deliver an unrivalled Arctic experience no one else can.
In the footsteps of Legends...
Remote and rich in history, the Canadian High Arctic is as awe inspiring as it is informative. Your days spent exploring this mysterious region will have you traveling back in time to the Age of Exploration. While following in the wake of famous explorers like Sir John Franklin and Roald Amundsen, you’ll navigate the waters and visit the historic sites in the area around Lancaster Sound that were key to the discovery of the Northwest Passage. You’ll also learn about the scientific, cultural, geopolitical and environmental aspects of the route from our world-class experts, guides and the local communities. Reaching remote lands that have lured adventurers for centuries will be an experience you’ll never forget.
2021 departure: Book before Jan 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode EBB15 or EBB20. Plus, HALF PRICE transfer package for premium cabins! 50% Reduced Deposit for all bookings!
- Save additional 5% if paid in full prior to 31 Jan 2021 (contact us for details).
2022 departure: Book before March 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode XXQ15 or XXQ20.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 31 Mar 2021 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
The Canadian Arctic as never before!
OverviewThe quest for trade routes to the Far East inspired much of the age of exploration of North America, with the promise of the Northwest Passage its elusive jewel. This is a journey no traditional vessel can offer: immersing yourself in the full Arctic experience while getting back home a week and a half later. Nature and wildlife are the guides on this voyage as you explore the region’s diverse treasures. The Arctic’s stark beauty offers an unforgettable backdrop, while a world-class team provides the knowledge and insight to help you connect with the region’s unique history and geography.
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
- Group transfer from the Toronto hotel to the airport on Day 2
- Charter flights between Toronto and Resolute
- Group transfers between the Resolute airport and the ship
- Group transfer from the Toronto airport to hotel on disembarkation day
- One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Expedition parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where listed in the Mandatory Transfer Package
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!