Antarctica South Georgia Air-Cruise: Magellan Explorer
Antarctic Peninsula and South Georgia
This extended small ship expedition takes you to the wildlife paradise of South Georgia as well as the extraordinary beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. Optional kayaking and hiking excursions extend your adventure. The Magellan Explorer provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and boutique hospitality
- State-of-the-art luxury vessel with just 69 passengers
- Time-saving flight to Antarctica to begin your journey
- All travellers able to step ashore quickly and at once
- See many species of penguins, seals, whales and Antarctica’s natural beauty
- Astonishing wildlife and scenery of South Georgia
- Expert guides and a modern, comfortable, ice-class Antarctic cruise ship
- Optional kayaking and hiking excursions
- Outstanding value for a comprehensive and in-depth Antarctic voyage
A unique and luxurious Antarctica air-cruise expedition including magnificent South Georgia
OverviewThis extended small ship expedition takes you to the wildlife paradise of South Georgia as well as the extraordinary beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula. Experience a great diversity of environments and landscapes, unprecedented wildlife viewing and a luxurious expedition experience. Optional kayaking and hiking excursions extend your adventure. The Magellan Explorer provides a stylish base for your adventures, with spacious cabins and boutique hospitality.
Luxury expedition Vessel: Magellan Explorer
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel. She was built in Chile to the latest Polar Code specifications to start service in 2019. Magellan Explorer has capacity for 100 passengers in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with shower. The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
- For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, group transfers airport/hotel on Day 1.
- 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
- Group transfers airport on the Day of the Scheduled Return from Antarctica
- Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program.
- Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula as indicated in the program.
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- Contingency Plan as described further on.
- IAATO passenger fee.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage.
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.
- Up to 180 days prior to departure: full refund of the deposit received, less a $1,000 USD per person.
- 179 and 120 days prior to departure: no refund of the deposit paid.
- 119 and 90 days prior to departure: refund of 10% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- 89 and 60 days prior to departure: refund of 7.5% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- 59 and 30 days prior to departure: refund of 5% of the amount paid, provided that the final payment has been received.
- between 29 and the departure date: no refund whatsoever.
- Booking a dedicated single cabin.
- Booking a twin cabin for single use. An 85% supplement will be added to the rate per person in twin cabin.
- Sharing a twin cabin with another passenger (same gender cabins). No supplement is applied.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!