Antarctic Peninsula Adventure - Vavilov
After spending 10 nights on board exploring this wonderful part of the world, you will leave Antarctica with a completely different perspective. After all, it would be impossible to feel quite the same after gazing upon an unimaginable profusion of penguins tobogganing and waddling their way across the snow - or watching yet another species of whale crest the waves in close proximity. And then there is the awe you will feel when you first glimpse the sweeping ice sheet that spans an entire continent. Antarctica gets under your skin unlike any other place on earth
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Special OffersSpecial offers apply to all bookings made before 31 May 2019 - save between US$800 to $1200 .depending on departure date
An outstanding adventure with options for kayaking and camping overnight in Antarctica! The vessel's speed and strength offers great opportunities to get closer in to icy waterways.
OverviewSailing in comfort on board Akademik Sergey Vavilov, we chart a course through the Drake Passage and make visits along the way through the South Shetland Islands. When we arrive at the Antarctic Peninsula, be prepared to be dazzled. Even experienced crew members who have visited a hundred times or more are still astonished by its pristine beauty. Abundant wildlife includes five seal species, massive penguin colonies of gentoos, Adelies and chinstraps and a profusion of seabirds from albatross to skuas. It is nature you will experience up close and personal on frequent excursions inland. Our journey will take us to Petermann Island or Wilhelmina Bay where we encounter colossal icebergs and, of course, icy landscapes that stretch as far as the eye can see. Hardy adventurers have the chance to camp out on the ice overnight and feel the thrill and audacity of early explorers who attempted to conquer this continent.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: M/V Akademik Sergey Vavilov
Designed for polar research, the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, also known as the One Ocean Voyager is modern, comfortable, safe and ice-strengthened. From small group sessions to briefings for all passengers, the public spaces onboard the ship ideally suited for each and every need. A separate bar and lounge located on deck 6 with expansive 180 degree views, as well as a library provide ideal places to sit and relax or catch up on some reading. Enjoy the sumptuous meals prepared for you by the culinary team in the dining room, which can host all clients in a single seating with ample room. Other facilities include the theatre style presentation room, gift-shop, fitness room, massage room, hot water spa, sauna, and salt water plunge pool.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!